Prologue

The daylight shining through the window warmed my skin as I stared at the ceiling of the apartment  again, thoughts of my mother and father filled my head. It's not like I wasn't guilty for what I did... I am guilty, I just don't care. That's what I tell myself every day...

It's starting to be true... I listen to the sounds of the streets as the town slowly begins to stir alive, I didn't exactly live in a small town. It was bigger than most, the street I live on currently had a pretty regular name on paper: 'Elker's St'.

It was the locals who call it ' Picking up the pieces' since most everyone here was poor family's trying to make it in the city.

My family was no different, I sigh reminiscing will get me nowhere. I get off the air mattress and head groggily to the bathroom down the hall to wash my face, I turn on the tap...

The water pressure was nice  as it pushed warmly on my skin... I gotta live for the small things now I guess heh...

I wet my face letting the water fall on the floor, two reddish pink eyes stare back at me in the mirror, I fix my white hair. I don't bleach it I was born this way...

I was born different ... It sucks. But... I'm to lazy to dye it, after fixing my  hair I get ready to head out picking up the gasoline on the counter in the blood stained kitchen, It's still fuzzy...

What I did, my parents stare at me form the floor. My dad still looked just as disappointed as in life, blood staining his brown hair.

He wasn't a real brunet  I got my looks from him you could say, he dyed it for his job....

My mom worked to she was strict, really strict... She wasn't home often.

I don't want to even think about them right now ... They never thought I would do this...

They thought I was not strong enough... Or they were just stupid, they should have known sending me to a ' camp for the ill' would have started an argument.

I couldn't take it at one point they tried to make me understand, I couldn't take anymore... I couldn't.

Their body's lay in a pile of their own bloody filth, they didn't keep the place that clean anyways.

I dump the gasoline on their corpse after disabling the smoke detectors.

" That will give me a little time." I say to no one, it sinks in the thought of being alone. I didn't have anyone else, not anyone I knew well enough to deal with this.

I light a match or two and send em ablaze, I turn to the door and exit it, I don't look back... If I do ... I  might stay.

I hop in their truck and drive, as far as possible, I thought it best to make a distraction so I stop.

The truck shutters to a halt, reminding me how old it is... We had some good times in this truck with it's rusty white paint and bad tires.... I sigh, feeling a little less lonely.

I look towards a forest that's been here forever. Time to put the rest  of that gasoline to use I guess, as I take the gas out of the trunk and head into the forest.

I have a feeling I won't be able to run from the police for very long.
Not that I expected to run free much longer but God knows I'm now going down without hefty casualties to my name.

I chuckled to myself as the leaves crunch beneath my feet as I walk through the dim forest, the air was deep and heavy in my lungs not unpleasant but not something to write home about.

I lost track of my steps and ended up somewhere deep in the woods, the only thing that alerted me to this taking me out of my thoughts was the change in air a sticky felling in the air added to the deep heavy feeling, making it less refreshing.

That and sudden lack of leaves, now pine needles laced the forest floor, making a comfy walkway through the pine and spruce trees. I never noticed pine trees here before...

I pause with a sudden unease.
The trees look... Planted... Like someone has  been taking care of them I look around to see a huge ring of Burch trees I can't even be Shure if it is a ring... Some had carvings engraved in the light colored wood, might just be some kids doing God knows what.

But it doesn't stop the unease feeling in my gut, telling me to run and never go back...

But I'm to curious about those markings it's like... I want to see what will happen if I did that, if I got closer to something that's not meant for me to see.

I subconsciously stalk over, I fell like I'm approaching a rabid dog... As I step closer I can't help a small gasp, I at this point pass the tree.

If I thought the air was sticky before, I was wrong now it's sticky. A hefty feeling of dread sets in my stomach, there seems to be no one here but I have a hunch ...
That I'm being hunted, and I would know that feeling anywhere.

The smell hits me before I see it, a strong stench of iron and tanning hide. I get out of the way before a stone axe comes down into the dirt and pine needles, where I was just seconds ago.

I got a good look at them as they tried to pry the stone axe out of the ground.
They were definitely nothing  like a human, not a good one anyway.

It looked as if their skin was flaking off they looked like a mummy only with mussels and long arms, they had ripped clothing and no mouth. Not one they could use, it was sewn crudely shut with thick thread.

Before I could process this properly it unstuck the axe, lifting it well above it's head. I ran for the thing', stumbling tryin not to trip as I ran for my life.

It was running behind me on all fours, axe on it's back as it tossed up pine needles in it's haste to split me like a log.

Ahead was a cabin even if I made it  I would still die, I mean It was close enough to reach me if it wasn't running.

I never ran faster in my entire life. I was breathing heavy as I felt the adrenaline in my body pushing me, gas can still in my hand I had a idea. I ran ahead a way with all the energy I could muster.

" Chop this!" I shout taking the gas opening the lid and tossing it on the thing as I lit a match or two quickly tossing it behind me.

It screamed in agony as it writhed on forest floor rolling in the dirt and pine needles, the smell was only tolerable on a empty stomach.

However I didn't stop running for a second, I needed to make it to the cabin!

The thing was still moving, I'll give it slower, but still moving. It stops as I almost made it to the cabin, the thing no longer following me  throws it's axe, it hit me in the back of the head.

The blunt heavy force made my head spin as my eyes roll back, oh well... ' I think as I pass out in front of the cabin.

________________

End prologue

Book by: IMBETTERTHANYOU200