Part 1 - [Trial Run]

[ This is a trial run of this story to see if anyone is interested, and if I should continue it. If that is not the case, the story will most likely not continue, apologies.Constructed criticism is very appreciated!]

This is a novel that will unravel the many reasons of a single flower; a sunflower, through the stories of many character's differentiated lives.

———————————————————————————

    After a long day I feel fuzzy and am ready to rest in my dreams; I take off my shoes not thinking about anything but sleep and go into my bed as I notice the moon shining onto it though the blinds hitting my pale blushed skin.

  "Hmm.. I thought the full moon was tomorrow; oh well". My lightly silk voice notes.

   My head then hits the pillow and as the maroon curls settle I welcome the replenishing darkness that embodies my mind.

  Something breaks me out of this cycle of deep sleep and I become aware of a white light glaring from the darkness. The more I look, the more it distorts; stretching and bending till it settles into the form of a lamppost—turning shades and cutting in and out as I stare at the noticeable lightbulb.

  The light from the lamppost shines onto a metal bench and the clay brick road beneath it, where my brown work boots now come into view accompanied by blood which staines the laces.

  "That's strange, I haven't had work boots sense I was a kid..?" I thought

   I stand but I feel as though I am not the one standing—but instead being crushed as the stasis sets in. With each step panic corrupts my mind, all past recollection leaves me as I realize that I cannot control my body.

   Still forcibly looking downward I notice my feet stop at a wooden door adorned with stained glass. My view shifts to see the brass plate on the wall beside it; "The Rosewood Oar" carved into the metal.

   As my attention shifts back to the door's stained glass there is a clicking sound and the door is pushed open. As I move forward I see the well...rosewood tables in the middle of the room,cornered by the similar booths covering the edges of the room; above them walls covered with oil painted sunflowers. A shine of a glass comes into view as I look back down and walk over to a barstool accompanying a counter.

   "What'll it be" a silky voice asks.

   "A White Russian" A gruffly kind voice answers, which is most definitely not my own.

    The bartender made a nodding motion and began to make the drink I requested. A lightly toned hand sets down my drink which I then take a slight swig of. As the drink settles I look into it while looking down, now coming to to concerning realization that I am not me..? The ice reflects a beautiful lightly dark skinned woman with black hair which is shaved on one side and adored with a braid. Her hazel eyes watching the ice float around.

    Suddenly a door behind the counter opens as I- ..she, looks up, meeting the eyes of a rose red haired man with black eyes in an olive green buttoned up garment and black pants.

   "Please give us a moment Alice." The man told the now seen; blond haired woman, in a sleekly stern voice, not looking up to meet her eyes.

   She makes a nodding motion once again and briskly leaves the room.

   "I thought I made it clear I didn't want your kind here?" The man asserts

   "Oh Will' don't you know that racial segregation isn't a good look for you?" The woman expressed with a sadistic  tone.

   "Stop with all your games! We all know that's not what I mean!" The man I now know as Will yells in anger as his fist hits the bar's tabletop; the bar's patrons too drunken to give thought to the incident.

  "I'm afraid I have no idea of what you are referring to.." the woman says in a coily manner.

   "I'm referring to the fact that, YOU ARE A FAE!" The man yells once again nose flaring which shows the thick golden bronze piercing hanging from his nose.

    "And your a bull, so what?" She replies,faking cluelessness.

        [This is the end of my trial run, to know that I should continue. Constructed criticism is greatly appreciated!]