Prologue/recap

(A recap of Ghosts for COD fans reading this)

In 2014, 8 years ago, the continent of South America changed forever as Brazil, Chile and Venezuela united together as one nation, the Federation of the Americas. Soon their power grew, along with their hatred for the United States.

The Federation's military leader, General Diego Amalgro, ordered the arrest or execution of every US-born citizen in Federation territories, bringing the US' wrath. Years after his death at the hands of a US special forces team, the Ghosts, the Federation continued to grow more and more powerful economically and now has all of South America united together, along with the Caribbean under their control.

It wasn't long until they agreed to a truce...

which expired shortly...

In 2017, the Federation took control of the United States ODIN satellite, breaking the truce, and used it to decimate Southern California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and Louisiana, killing millions of US citizens. That's when things turned sour... The Federation then unleashed its wrath and began invading the United States from the South, beginning a war between both nations.

10 years later, in 2027, both the US and the Federation are still at war, with the battles leading to stalemates as a wall known as the Liberty wall has been built in order to separate US territory from Federation territory. 

This wall would soon fall after Federation forces captured and interrogated civilians living among the ruins of the Southern parts of the US, leading to the breaching of the walls and the fall of the Dallas stronghold.

The war rages on...