Complete

Dough Dobson walked in her daughter's room, lightly knocking on the door. 

"Emily, the girls are waiting for you in the car outside."

"I know. Tell them I'll be out in a sec." Emily looked at herself again in the mirror. They were all going to this fancy dinner, and Emily wanted to give a good impression. She had the cutest black dress and black heels. 

"Okay. Just don't keep them waiting too long, alright?" Doug teased his daughter. Emily smiled at him and gave him a nod. 

When Doug left the room, Emily saw something strange in the mirror. Her reflection started changing. When it finally cleared, she saw herself again. But something was different. She was younger. The mirror showed her 12 year old self. 

"Whoa." 

14-year-old Emily stared in awe. Her younger self had way less make-up on and her blonde hair fell down naturally. She too had a black dress and heels on, but with way less detail. 

"Remember." Young Emily whispered.

Older Emily started shaking her head, thinking she must be imagining this. When she opened her eyes again, young Emily was gone. After contemplating in the mirror for a couple more seconds, she shrugged it off. 

Emily got up and walked towards her closet. She started debating what purse would combine with her outfit better. In the process, she stumbled upon a blue wallet. She didn't exactly remember where she got it, but there was something familiar to it. 

She looked down towards the bottom of her closet, and found a bright red bag. She slowly crutched down and reached for it. Sticking out was a black stuffed toy dog. Emily took it out and examined it. It was a bit dirty, filled with dust. Emily forgot she even had it, but no matter how much Emily tried to remember where she got it, she couldn't. It was like part of her memory had been erased.

Emily put the stuff down and tried to concentrate on getting ready. She then decided to wear some jewelry to match with her cute outfit. She opened her jewelry box and a silver chained necklace caught her eye. She went to reach for it, but once she grabbed it, a flash appeared before her eyes. It was too bright making her close them.