CHAPTER 1

A dead seed that's never going to sprouted, that's all you ever are to your family.

You're a part of one of the most famous assasin family that's ever known in the world, along with Zoldycks and the other. Maybe not as old and full of fascinating history as the infamous Zoldyck, but held enough powress and reputation of being a great assasin to the world. Not to mention that both Zoldyck and your family have quite a good relationship from the very long time ago, maybe that's why your clan's name is as feared as the Zoldyck when mentioned together, surprisingly.

Ever since the moment you were born, you were either destined to be the trained assasin, killing tge assigned human for money like the rest of generation, or just be a black sheep who has no other purposed but to be sell off as a wife of other assasin clans. No doubt you were the latter.

You remember the day that your eyes meet your disappointing gaze, it was once so lovely towards you, but as years gone by, it's getting colder and colder, then never looking right at your direction again.

You've asked yourself where did it go wrong. When did your father losing hope on you and treat you like nothing but mere air who he doesn't acknowledge anymore.

Regretfully, you know it all too well. You remember it too well.

It started on the day of your birthday ceremony, at the age of twelve, every child in your family must learn how to use nen and having the ritual of water divination to sort out the specific nen type in front of the elders. You remeber how divined that day was, you were the happiest person in the world— You are a specialist type.

Everyone was excited to see how you possessed such a special type of nen, every possible future they praised you to be just flow out of their mouth effortlessly. You must grow up to be such a strong assasin this. You must grow up to be such a great killer that. You weren't sure about all of that  yourself, but when you look up to your father, seeing his proud eyes and hopeful smile, your twelve years old self couldn't help but feel happy, feel so accepted.

You wouldn't know that the smile he showed wasn't directly at you, he was looking at the water divination. Not you.

Never you.

The day later, he proposed the engagement to the Zoldyck, for you to be their eldest's future wife with prideful face, if he can make this bethrotal happens, the bond with the Zoldyck would get even stronger than before. He has everything to bring to the table; family's name, reputation, potentially strong nen user to be their future wife, ensured that the Zoldyck would be worthwhile with this engagement. Unsurprisingly, the Zoldyck accept it right away, happy with the offer.

You remember the day he showed you the picture of your future husband, you remember how you bawled your eyes out at the sight of him in the polaroid. His emotionless stare with the aura of true psychopathic killer doesn't sit right with you, it spooked you out despite being born in the assasin family yourself. You cry for god know how long before passing out, not wanting to know and accept the marriage, your father doesn't even spare a pat on your head or saying anything to calm you down, he just left.

That's where it all started, despite being capable of using nen on the fundamental level, you couldn't do more than that. At very first, everyone around you just thought that you're just pretty slow with learning and improving yourself, a normal struggle that every soul can face. But your father knew right away— with the slightest hint of underdevelopment the few time he stopping by you training; You are the seed that is not going to be sprouted.

No matter how hard you push yourself, no matter how hard you try, no matter how hard you do; your nen isn't improving at all, it was all still the same as the day you learned about your specialist type. Almost every single method exist that you trial and error just to see if it's improve isn't working, you can't release your hatsu into action. Like your time has stopped on your twelfth birthday.