𝟒𝟐 | 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡

My lips curled at the sight of Aremo's men rushing in and out of the building

My lips curled at the sight of Aremo's men rushing in and out of the building. It was only a matter of time before my sweet girl mentioned my name.

Whether she meant to or not, I knew Aremo will going the extra mile to protect the daughter he just got back.

Besides all that's happening, this was phase one of gaining her trust.

At first, I was unsure if her parents would tell her everything about why they put her in hiding but my brief talk with her earlier told me one thing.

Aremo wasn't going to tell her the truth and neither was her mother. Not if they wanted to keep her from her true purpose.

A buzz from my phone gets my attention. Ignoring the message I got from Uwe, I focused my attention back on Aremo's men. Hidden in behind the dark walls of his so-called safe mansion, I could see his men taking Latasha back to her room.

"Dad-"

"When you got her, what did she know?" Aremo questions Akin, the fury in his expression pure entertainment.

"She knows nothing," Akin responds. "When I first saw her in the underground, she looked out of place but I knew that she had to be working as one of the waitresses with the way she was dressed. From what his right hand told me, Ryat has been fucking with her mind."

My brows pushed together and my blood boils. I only had one right-hand man and Uwe has been the best at his job so far. The knowledge of Uwe giving up information on Latasha to her family only spiked my rage.

"And are you sure the German speaks the truth?" Aremo questions, hesitant.

"I am sure," Akin nods. "He has some kind of soft spot for her."

Motherfucker.

Uwe was a dead man.

Aremo exhales a long breath before looking toward his wife who's been silent this entire time. The contemplating look on her face was intense. It was as if she was seconds away from breaking.

"She's our daughter, Aremo. We just got her back." The sadness in her tone clear. "I don't want to push her away or make her think she can't trust us."

"She can trust us," Aremo sighs. "We just have to give this time."

Abeni shakes her head. "Locking her in her room won't make her trust us. It will only cost us losing any hope of having her on our side," Aremo goes to argue but she continues. "What do you fear?"

"The way she said that bastard's name. Did you not see the hesitant look in her eyes? He's gotten in her head. Who knows what else he's done to her."

My fingers itch to do something violent as I listen to them. My mind was currently filling with ideas of how to deal with Uwe. Painfully and skillfully.

"You don't think she'd choose him over us, do you?" Abeni questions as if it was absurd.

If I was being honest, I didn't know if she'd choose me either. I've been an ass to her from the start and there was no changing it no time soon.