𝟒𝟑 | 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐍𝐨𝐰

"What if his own son doesn't know?" I questioned, my brow raised in wonder

Abeni looks at me as if telling me otherwise. "All Bendettis' are bad. Cassio is so powerful, he marked his own son as a traitor and made the other one a killing machine."

Killing machine?

Sure, I knew about Ryat and him having a violent side but I've never seen him kill a man before my eyes.

I could feel Abeni's eyes observing me close as silence hovered between us. "Akin mentioned the German has told him that Ryat treated you badly." She points and my brows furrow together.

German? A gasp slips past my lips. Uwe? Please not Uwe.

From all that has been happening around me, I knew without a doubt that Ryat will not take it lightly if he found out that Uwe has been giving up information about me to my parents. Confusion washes over me the longer I think about it.

How did he know? Did he know who I really was the entire time I was under Ryat's roof?

Absentmindedly, I grabbed Abeni's hands. My eyes were in hers, desperately needing to know. "W-What did he look like?"

Concern glazed over as she stares at me.

"From what Akin said, he had a thick german accent. He had an eyebrow piercing..." her voice fades in my ears while I listened to her words that describe the exact person known as Uwe.

My heartaches at this. Uwe was supposed to be my friend. Well, I thought even though we had our times where he makes me aware that I am a job but I saw right past his facade. Uwe cared about me despite me just being an assigned job for his short-tempered boss.

My eyes welled with tears. All of this seemed contradictory. What if Ryat finds out and deals with Uwe personally? Ryat has made it clear that he doesn't like how close Uwe and I have become. The bodyguard switch happened after Ryat couldn't watch me and had to handle his own personal matters, which were apparently stressful.

Want to see what I do to traitors?

Want to see how they fight to keep the light in their eyes?

Soon, you'll understand that mercy is beneath me.

"He's going to hurt him," I murmur to myself. "Without mercy."

The look in Ryat's unique eyes told me he was dead serious. The firm look he gave me with his words were skin chilling. The same look I remember when I went to ask him about his brother.

Ryat was a man that didn't take traitors to lightly. That I knew for sure.

"Latasha-"

I stand to my feet and walk all over the room as I try to relax my wild nerves. This was all a lot and I didn't know how I was not screaming like a crazy woman in a pillow.