Chapter 1

There I was laying on my bed as I watched the rain pour down and collide with my window. Admiring every drop as if it was the only thing that was important right at this moment.

Rain is what normally makes me think about about how much is gone on or what could possibly happen next.

Every now and then lightening would strike, filling my room with light which showed every darkened space, followed by thunder which I felt like awakend me.

"Ivy, dinners ready,"

I was broken from my thoughts as my mom approached my room. I shook my head as I responded.

"I'll be right down."

Lifting my body off my bed, I made my way down the stairs. Each step I took was followed by the floor boards creaking. My house was pretty old and many people have lived here before me and my family.

I guided myself to the kitchen as I grabbed my food and placed it onto the table. I gave a faint smile to my mom as I pulled my chair in order for me to take a seat.

"Hey! You haven't been out of your room for the whole day. Is everything ok?" She asked while placing more food in her mouth.

"It's nothing I'm fine, just tired that's all."

"You should be happy now. You have a month off school!"

"I know. I just don't feel like I want to do anything right now."

"Alright I understand," and with that we both started our meals. Enjoying every bit of food we had placed on our plates.

Dinner was quiet as useful and I could see my mom trying to build up a conversation between us two which would end shortly after.

I wasn't the only child. I also have an older brother named Sebastian. But he was rarely even at home. Mostly spending his days outside and came in when it was night. But it sure does feel like it's only me and my mom living here.

My dad had unfortunately passed away when I was only 10. Leaving me only flashbacks and story's to what I remember of our time we spent together.

As I finished my meal I grabbed the dirty dishes and placed them in the sink. Leaving my mom to clean up the work as I made my way up the stairs.

"Stay down here with me?" I turned to face my mom who was now standing in front of me with a frown plastered on her face.

Ever since my father had gone my mother had been arguing with my brother about something I don't even know of and to see her hurt like she was now, I couldn't leave her by herself.

"Yeah. I will,"

"Great."

With that we both decided to watch a movie, considering I have plenty of time off and have nothing better to do.

She then placed many movies that we could pick from on the floor as we decided which one to watch with a yes or no.

Half an hour had passed as the room became dim from the access of the light which was coming from outside.
More minutes were flying as we carried on watching the movie and the only light that was helping me see was the moon and the TV.

Slowly I felt my eyelids begin the feel heavy and the next minute I found myself falling into a deep sleep.

-----

I was awoken from my slumber by the unpleasant sound of metals clanging together. I peeled my eye lids open in order to try and see where the noise is coming from.