Dreams Really Can Come True (wlw)

Her jade green eyes meet mine, as she tucks a strand of loose hair behind my ear, her eyes not leaving mine. I feel my cheeks begin to heat, to which she smiles. She opens her mouth, hesitates, then closes it.

"What?" I softly question.

She smiles, still hesitating. "You're really beautiful, you know that?"

This makes me smile, which makes her smile. After a few moments of looking into each other's eyes, I break the contact to glance at her pink lips but quickly look back up to her eyes, to see her looking at my lips.

"Can I kiss you, Alex?" she whispers, still watching my lips.

I slowly nod my head, bringing it closer to her.

"Alex? Wake up!" she yells in my face.

"Huh?" I mumble.

"Come on. We have math, you need to wake up. You fell asleep during class." Ian explains.

Ian has been my best friend for 3 years, and I have liked her for the past year, but haven't dared to tell her. It's not that she doesn't like girls, because she does, I just don't think she could ever like me more than a friend. Although not being able to hold her hand, cuddle her, or even kiss her has gotten hard lately.

"Alex?" She questions.

"Yes, yeah sorry. Just had an amazing dream and all."

Smirking she says, "Because I was in it?"

I roll my eyes smiling and we walk to our next class together.

//

"Do you want to come to my house? We can work on the English assignment that you fell asleep to." She offers.

"Oh yeah, um could you come to mine though? My parents are working late so I can't get a ride home."

Ian simply smiles and nods.

When we get home we get a snack and head to my bedroom. I put a sweater on, then lay in bed, Ian following behind.

"Why don't we work on the English assignment for a bit, then we can talk or do something after?" I suggest.

"Sure, I'm putting music on though."

I nod, getting my laptop out of my bag. She puts on a mix of girl in red, Cigarettes After Sex and Lana Del Rey.

After about an hour, Ian sighs closing her laptop. She lays down, to which I follow. We're lying face to face, seeing her face this close makes me extremely nervous. She must sense that I am uneasy. "What's wrong, Alex?"

"Oh um nothing," I whisper.

She didn't say anything but continued to watch me. After a few moments, she closes her eyes, "Ian?" She opens her eyes "Alex?"

"I like you, and I really wanna kiss you," I whispered putting my hands on my face, not wanting to see her reaction to what I just said. "And I don't want to scare you, or ruin our friendship, it's just it has gotten really hard to hide my feelings. I feel you should know."

After a few moments of silence, she finally answered. "Alex, your not scaring me. Can you move your hands, I want to see you're beautiful face."

I'm in shock, as she takes my hands kissing each of them. "Can I kiss you, Alex?" she whispers looking down at my lips. I mumble 'yes' moving my head closer to hers.

When our lips meet, it's like magic. Her lips are soft and warm forming into mine. It's slow and passionate. After a few seconds, I pull back, taking her face in my hands. I just look at her and smile.

"I like you too, Alex," she whispers bringing her lips to mine.

After kissing for a while, which was beyond amazing, Ian asked me on a date, to which I said yes too. We just hold each other for the next while, talking about whatever random thoughts we had.

It turns out dreams do come true. 

END

thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed!

@lanareading02