01. Bleak, with an exception of Red

In this world, everybody had a soulmate, and that included some randomized connections such as the red string that only two fated ones can see, sharing scars on one's body, or even having a countdown on your arm until you meet your soulmate

In this world, everybody had a soulmate, and that included some randomized connections such as the red string that only two fated ones can see, sharing scars on one's body, or even having a countdown on your arm until you meet your soulmate. [name] could only see the world in black, grey and white - besides from red, or, other variations of scarlet too (more like shades), 'Ah, his eye colour is very captivating- and at least it looks nice during fall' [name] thought to themselves, occasionally doodling on their arm, sometimes, they'd get a response almost instantly, other times, it takes a little, [name] had learnt that their soulmate likes poetry from the moment they wrote to each other. 'Your eye colour is so nice, red is very nice to see during autumn especially.' [name] carefully wrote, so to not have anything be illegible. 'Ah, thank you. I must say, (e/c) is indeed soothing and quite delightful to see. I find it to be very lovely, too.'

...Ah, that was kind of embarrassing to read, it was as if words he wrote - or, spoke - were replaced with a bouquet of flowers every time. His handwriting was very pretty, too. 'Mmh, maybe I should go to that little café downtown? I remember hearing that they added cheesecakes to their menu and all that... yeah, I think I'll go' [name] pondered, eventually standing up and stretching, then changing to a more suitable outfit to go out before continuing to go downstairs to the living room. They grabbed their jacket and keys, locked the door, and left for the café.

~

The bell chimed as a gentle, warm breeze swept into the café. The atmosphere here was comfortable and cozy, with soft music playing in the background and slight chattering throughout the store. [name] walked over to the dessert display, eyeing at the label that read, "blueberry cheesecake". It was about $2.63 in terms of price, 'Hm, not too bad.. Well, maybe I should order that with a drink? Ah, but which drink...' indecisive as they were, eventually, [name] settled for a latte.

After ordering, [name] stepped over to a small table of two seats, checking their phone and replying to a few messages here and there. A little time passed before they heard a, "here's your order," accompanied by the clinking of a fork, plate and cup. Looking up, the waiter had already gone back, so [name] didn't have enough time to thank them. Watching as the waiter took their leave, [name] had taken a bite of their cheesecake, and nearly squealed in delight.

'Mmmh! Their cheesecake is so good, no wonder this was the last of the two pieces on display?! I don't know what the other flavours taste like but if this is already great, im sure another flavour would taste wonderful too. Maybe I should tell Ayaka about this?' They thought, all the while eating the cheesecake and occasionally taking sips of their latte. Creamy, delicate but deliciously so, this cheesecake was both sweet and slightly sour- it was tangy, and savoury, too. The blueberries were somewhat sour, however that went well with the overall sweet cheesecake, it wasn't overly sweet nor sour, but just right.

Before they knew it, [name] had already finished the blueberry cheesecake and their drink. They wrote a note of 'thank you, the cheesecake and latte was really good!' And left a tip under the pastel coloured sticky note before standing up and leaving. 'Maybe I should get a red notebook some time,' [name] mused to themselves along the grey, bleak streets with a few cars passing by or bikes going past, the occasional light gust of wind felt nice.

Springtime was always enjoyable, but autumn was [name]'s favourite season. A few shops they passed by had scarlet red signs, vermillion curtains or a few crimson flowers of which served as a nice pop of colour amongst the black-grey-white world [name] always saw, but this made the colour red all the more meaningful to them, it wasn't bad. Some emphasis on red is pretty nice, after all.

~

When they had gotten home, [name]'s first instinct was to grab a pen and write on their arm a message for their soulmate. 'I just went to the café nearby me as they had put out a new cheesecake, I tried their blueberry flavour and it was very enjoyable! What have you been doing?' Little by little, the message on their arm slowly faded as it— [name] assumed —reappeared on their soulmate's arm.

Within awhile, a message etched itself onto [name]'s arm. 'Oh? That sounds rather nice. I was writing some poetry during break.' [name] read the message with a small smile ghosting their lips, before pulling their phone out and tapping on Ayaka's contact.

~

Ayaya <3

Name <33
AYAKA

Ayaya <3
Yes?

Name <33
YK ABT THE CAFE LIKE AROUND DOWNTOWN??
AND THEIR CHEESECAKES?
ITS
ITS SO GOOD U HAVE TO TRY IT OMG

Ayaya <3
Alright! Will do, maybe I can ask Thoma to come along too?
I have heard that what they sell is quite delectable, as well! Sounds nice :)
liked by Name <33.

~

Sighing, [name] opened their notebook and started doodling a bit. A small cake on the page here, some patterns and shapes there could be seen on the once-blank page. 'Aiya, what should I do now?' [name] thought with scrunched eyebrows, staring at the page of scattered drawings. [name] ended up dozing off, head resting in between their arms on their desk, the window halfway open letting in pleasant breezes that carried the scent of cherry blossom trees.

Outside, branches gently swayed and a few pink-or-purple sakura petals slowly drifted to the ground, almost lazily. The setting sun enveloping the city in an orange, almost golden hue, like a hug that feels just tight enough, or hot chocolate on a cold day that warms you up in a sweet way, the scenery to any person who came to visit Inazuma was naturally breathtaking, rays of sunshine was warm and soothing while spring breezes carried scents of flowers, food vendors and distant sounds of lively chattering from citizens.

The fluttering of birds flying far, far away into the vast, open sky brings the day to an end, all the while with a comforting aroma of staple foods of the city wafting through the air, bubbling chatters and laughter is heard in the distance. Finally, night falls upon Inazuma, and the sky turns into soft purple fading to indigo colours of which are adorned with fluffy, lilac clouds, it seeming like cotton candy themselves.

(It's too bad that [name] could not see this, even if they were awake.. or, at least, not yet?)