Why Am I In RWBY?

You know, I never… really understood why she liked this show.

I'm Y/n L/n, and currently, I'm watching a show on YouTube called RWBY. I'm currently about 1 and a half seasons in, and well all I could say is this show isn't looking like it's for me. You may be asking, if you don't like it, then why the hell are you watching it??

Simple, she wanted me to. I'm sorry, you probably don't know who I'm talking about. My best friend, Alina Jackson. She was a huge nerd of this show. She would even make me go to RTX with her while she would cosplay different characters from the show. I told her I'd watch it, so here I am… but, I guess it's a bit late now. 

She passed away a few weeks ago… it wasn't by a truck, or any type of incident. At least that way it would've been quick for her…

She died of cancer. 

I don't even know which type… but… after I found out it was too late. She was stuck in bed for weeks, was hooked up to machines, and for her it was hard to speak. A couple weeks before she passed I started watching the show to make her… feel better. I'm guessing it helped, she was so excited when I told her. Heh… I opened my phone and went through my photo gallery…

This photo was from last year…

This is why I have to finish it

This is why I have to finish it. I just… need to finish this show for her. I owe her that much.

Third Person…

Y/n rubs his eyes and he shuts off his phone and checks the time… it's 3 in the morning… he needs to go to bed. Maybe he'll finish the season when he wakes up, then once he finishes that he just needs to watch the other 6 seasons. How fun, Y/n turns off his TV before dropping face first into his bed, his eyes begin to grow heavy as exhaustion takes over.

Unknown to him, going along the walls, runes began to glow, as the center of the room began to glow. Y/n sleeps peacefully as sudden bright light consumes the room.

Chirp chirp…

Y/n is now seen in a bed of red leaves, his chest moving up and down as he takes a deep breath in his sleep. Suddenly the sound of leaves rustling fills his ears. The boy groans as he opens his eyes, all he sees is red as sits up. 

Y/n: *thoughts* Huh, what the hell? Where am I? Wait… this looks familiar. Is it fall? That makes no sense, it's the middle of January! Wait… why are my hands so small?! 

Y/n tries his best to come up with any sort of explanation.

Y/n: *thoughts* Maybe this is a dream… yeah definitely, I've been watching too much RWBY! Now I'm in that red forest! That must be it!

Y/n pushes himself up, still unnerved by how small he felt… he looked down and noticed his clothes were almost four sizes too big? Y/n does his best to keep the clothes up as he walks across the forest, searching for an exit to this dream. As Y/n makes his way through, suddenly a bush besides him begins to rustle. Y/n freezes in place… the rustling began to grow louder, Y/n began to take a few step backs, before accidentally stepping on the bottom of his pants causing him to fall backwards.