𝙒𝙃𝙔 𝙃𝙀𝙍, 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝙈𝙀..?

|THIRD PERSON|

Eva had a very long, excruciating day dealing with the Feiyun Commerce Guild. Papers were piling up left and right, and her boss never seemed to let her rest.

She longed to see her love, Tom. Their love was a.. special kind of love. It was hard, being a seemingly 'harmful' being, and a 'harmless' human. But they both knew there was nobody else for them. It seemed as though they were the only ones around when they stared into each other's eyes.

Eva sighed, reminiscing about how they both first met.

The day was cool one, the wind blowing harshly as the brunette made her way up the mountain, as she sees the entrance to a cave. She peers down, curiosity filling her to the brim. Her blue-eyed gaze meets a golden one, and suddenly, the wind flew through her hair, gracing her features in a new light, almost as if they were in a romance movie.

It was love at first sight, that was. Ever since they met that one fateful day, they couldn't have been happier. They grew inseparable, spending each and every day the blue-eyed beauty had off, together. Talking, laughing, even flirting from time-to-time.

The things Eva loved about Tom were seemingly endless. From his spiky scales, to his golden-brown eyes, to his claws that somehow, some way just seemed to fit her hand perfectly. She would never grow tired of him, she thought.

Making her way through the hole she and him built when she first moved in, she felt something.. Off.

Usually, Tom would always greet her with a smile, but now, he was nowhere to be found.

She had gotten off work earlier than usual, but he should still be in the living room, right?

As she made her way around their cave home, she stopped in front of the bedroom door, and opened it, looking up to see..

She gasped, "Beth?!"

What was Beth doing here? She knew her all the way back in Mondstadt!

"Eva, it's not what it looks like!" Tom tried to assure, though it was obvious what happened.

Tom, laying on the ground on his back, Beth on top of him, her elemental barrier long since thrown on the ground..

"How could you?! I gave you everything! I gave you love, I gave you my life, I would've even given you a family! And now! Now you go and cheat on me! To hell with you! To hell with both of you! I thought we were friends, Beth.. How could you do this to me?" Eva shouted, holding back her tears. No way was she gonna let this dirtbag see her cry!

"Hmph!" She stormed out of the bedroom, the door slamming shut with a loud 'bang'.

She couldn't stop the tears, they just kept falling, even as she called for her best friend, Noel, who was busy exorcising spirits with their friend, Chongyun.

Her tears wouldn't stop even as Noel hugged her, advising her to just let it all out.

Not even as Noel almost left to show that bitch Tom whose boss.

Her whole world felt like it was coming crashing down, like she was drowning under a big wave, unable to swim to the top no matter how hard she kicked.

She shouldn't cry, not over a scum like him. Not after she gave him her everything. He didn't deserve her tears.

But she couldn't help it, not when it's the person she's loved for years on end.

She sniffled as she looked through their pictures together, cradling them like she's gonna fall apart if even one of them leave her sight.

She knew she would never get over him. Nobody would be as good as her Tom, her first love, her only love.

But she could only ask herself one question..

"Why her, and not me..?"

FIN.
650 Words.