00 | Gone

This isn't your typical mushy-gushy romance... this one isn't joyful or full of serendipitous moments. This story is about Cameron and Isla. Fate will decide these two destinies, but for now, darkness has taken over their hearts and they have yet to meet each other. That is... until fate decided.

_____________________________

I fell back on my bed and watched the ceiling spin. My head was exploding with one thing on my mind. Love. I yearned for him and he left. I stretched my arm out hoping that he'd somehow magically appear in my room and grab onto it, but that's not how magic worked. It was an obviously devastating blow even though I had known that he wouldn't be there to hold my hand and tell me he loved me while he sang soft melodies into my ears. I didn't know love could hurt this bad. That sounds cliche like something out of a romantic drama that you see on the television. I closed my eyes and saw his face behind my eyelids. His brown eyes were set ablaze by the immense longing that was mirroring my heart.

"You are pathetic, Isla" I whispered to myself. He was where I was and it hurt. It genuinely hurt me inside. I felt like he was tearing a piece of my heart every time I saw him whether it was just a vision of him or if I actually saw him.

I yearned to touch and caress his face, run my fingers over the bridge of his nose, and to kiss his soft pink lips. I just wanted to run my fingers down his neck and slit his god-damned throat. Fuck. Every time I thought of him I wanted to scream and punch a wall and then set the city on fire, but at the same time I wanted to hold him and I wanted to be wrapped up in his embrace.

What is love?

My heart has been touched by those three little words. Sometimes they're pushed to the back of my mind. Hidden deep in the crevices of my soul, resting peacefully as I wandered the earth like a mellow dragon. Then there were not-so-good times when the thoughts and memories were reignited by some unwavering spirit (or my hormones) that pissed me off so greatly that I lash out and lay in bed for days.

These were the moments when I was so down and life was kicking every last breath out of me... but these were also the best moments because they taught me how to stand strong.