Chapter 1: The Journey

The day has come, today a group of geologists will go to the Kalahari on a mission to find some rocks that could change our whole perspective of Earth's beginning. 
Known as G.E.O.D.E, this group are the top geologists of the world, each representing their country in this mission. We have Gerald ( leader of the team, represents South Africa ), Emma ( the brains of the team, represents Australia ), Oscar ( the technology nerd of the team, represents the USA ), Danelle ( the analyzer, represents Brazil ) and Elizabeth ( the fossil expert, represents Britain ). The journey was difficult but fun. Emma had to travel from Sydney, through the scorching desert, all the way to Perth. Then she had to get on a boat and travel from Perth to Mosselbaai, South Africa. For her, the camel ride through the desert was the best. Oscar had to travel from Washington, over Mexico, to Rio de Janeiro. From there he got on a helicopter and flew to Springbok, South Africa. Danelle had to travel from Rio de Janeiro, through the forest, all the way to Argentina. From there she flew by plane to Cape Town, South Africa.
Elizabeth drove from London, over boarders, to Paris, France. From there she took a boat and sailed all the way to Egypt. From there she drove over 200 hours to Johannesburg, South Africa. They all met Gerald in Bloemfontein, South Africa.