A Drunken Cherry

Adachi was chugging drinks like there was no tomorrow, Kurosawa glanced over from time to time with worry in his eyes. The evening had started out pleasant and the outdoors had a nice breeze flowing through one's hair. Kurosawa had barely seen any of his lovable Adachi today during work so his anticipation for the walk home had been up to the roof. Though his plans were a quiet night of snuggling and perhaps watching a movie together, he didn't mind it too much when Adachi suddenly asked to change plans as Tsuge just finished a new book which meant drinks were in order. Adachi had been feeling guilty over dumping Kurosawa and invited him to come along. As the three were talking, drinking and enjoying the night filled with alcohol and delicious food, Adachi went to the bathroom and came back with his head down. He didn't say a word, nor did he meet either of the others' eyes, he only reached for the glass in front of him. Already red in the face, Tsuge continued to drink alongside his best friend as they emptied more and more bottles.

Not drinking as much, Kurosawa watched the two get looser with every drink until they started getting a bit too comfortable with each other. He gritted his teeth while looking across the table to make sure nothing happens with the drunks but he caught himself getting more tense with time. Adachi usually didn't get this drunk and he hadn't come across a drunk Tsuge yet but whatever he imagined, it wasn't this. Adachi was leaning against Tsuges shoulder, blabbering on with a mouth full of food. At the same time, Tsuge kept feeding Adachi with small pieces of food he randomly took from the plates. For Kurosawa this was a surprise, he knew they were best friends and of course had gotten along for years but with a bit of alcohol they were starting to get uncomfortably intimate. Kurosawa was aware of how petty and jealous he could get at times but wasn't this one of those times where he, as Adachi's boyfriend, had the right to seperate them? He was wondering if they always ended up like this whenever they drank a lot. Either way it was too much for his heart and he stood up reaching out his arm for Adachi to grab.

"Adachi, could you come sit over here for a minute?" He calmly asked.

Adachi looked up, staring at him with those blue eyes without uttering a word. There was a moment of silence before Adachi finally responded to which Kurosawa found himself unable to react.

"No." Adachi said. He proceeded to cling onto Tsuge who was already half asleep. Kurosawa's heart dropped for a minute, not only did he get rejected but his lover was clinging onto some other man for no reason. Once again with a smooth and silky voice he tried to convince Adachi to at least let go of Tsuge and once again he got rejected. Slightly feeling his blood boil, he took a deep breath. Glanced at the red countenance of his adorable soul-mate and turned around. "We're going home, stay here while I pay" Kurosawa said.

When he returned, Kurosawa saw that Adachi was still holding onto a now passed out Tsuge. "You have to let go of Tsuge now, Adachi" Kurosawa hesitantly said. Why was his normally shy Adachi clinging to someone other than him?! He was the one that wanted those soft hands to hold him close, close enough to smell Adachi's sweet fragrance. Kurosawa's patience was running low seeing as he was still clueless as to why drunk Adachi wouldn't go after him instead.

"Ah I have to protect him.. protect Tsuge..." Adachi quietly said. His eyes were slowly closing as he vaguely heard Kurosawa say something before completely passing out. Kurosawa looked at the two of them passed out beside each other. "Protect..?" He pouted.

As Adachi woke, his eyes had a hard time adjusting, he felt a comforting warmth around him and he was moving without using his legs. He looked up to a handsome face, Kurosawa's features twitching as if something was bothering him. Adachi noticed that the warmth he felt was Kurosawa's arms around his body as he was being carried princess-style into the apartment. Through the touch he also felt the intense love he always felt whenever they touched, no words needed.

Still feeling slightly dizzy, he rested his head on Kurosawa's chest. It was warm and smelled like Kurosawa which Adachi thought was really pleasant, he could hear the fast beats of Kurosawa's heart as he snuggled into the man even more.

Kurosawa on the other hand had to endure the cuteness of pressure as his countenance was getting coloured in a cherry red. He really didn't want to put down Adachi on the bed yet, he wanted Adachi to continue holding onto him, alas the moment swiftly disappeared as Adachi suddenly sprung up.

"TSUGE?? Where's Tsuge? You didn't leave him back there all alone right?" Adachi didn't remember when they left the restaurant or if Tsuge went home. Adachi's anxious eyes met Kurosawa's and all Kurosawa could get out was a sigh. Even after parting way's Adachi's mind still lingered on Tsuge. Was he in love with him!? No, right? Adachi had chosen him, not Tsuge nor anyone else. He was his lover but why was he all over Tsuge all night and even now all he could think about was some other guy. Kurosawa lowered his head. He gently placed Adachi on the bed and kneeled as he grabbed his hands.

"Why are you asking about him right now? And why have you barely paid any attention to me? Could it be... that you've caught.." Kurosawa hesitated for a second. His mouth felt dry as he tried to finish his question. ".. feelings for him..?" Despite the pain, he had to ask because it was all so sudden. Why else would he behave like that when drunk.. Will you leave me?

Adachi blankly stared at the man in front of him. The last sentence hadn't been uttered out loud by Kurosawa but Adachi could feel the pain that came with it. "Eeeeh??! Wait, what are you talking about?? Tsuge and I are just friends, we've been over this before, I LIKE YOU. It's just tha-"

Then why did you cling to him so desperately, even rejecting my hand earlier? "No, you've got it wrong! I don't like Tsuge in that way... Earlier, when I went to the bathroom, I accidentally read this guy's thoughts and he was thinking really perverted things about Tsuge!! So.. Well, I got a bit nervous that he would do something and I drank a little more than intended.. I'm sorry for making you feel anxious, I don't ever want to leave you!" Adachi clenched his fists before reaching out to hug Kurosawa.

Kurosawa let out a breath and put his arms around Adachi. "Don't apologise, I'm the one that's sorry" He said.

Ahhh.. I really love Adachi.

As he was blushing up to his ears, Adachi squeezed harder and whispered "I love you too"

The End