Chapter 1

You walk into your new school, you take a deep breath. You have a heart disease and your old doctor transferred you to a hospital here in Seoul. You would do anything to get rid of the disease.

The hallways was crowded with people. You walk to your locker and open it. You grab the stuff you need before walking to class.

In the classroom, there was a group of boys talking, a group of girls talking and a few people including you, all alone. The teacher walks into the room and slams her ruler on the table.

"Settle down, class. Today, we have a new student. Y/N.. please introduce yourself." The teacher calls out your name.

You stand up. You have always hated public speaking, it gives you anxiety. "Hello. My name is Y/N.. nice to meet you." You quickly sat back down after you were done.

"Alright, class. Please hand in the homework I asked you all to do over the weekends." The teacher ordered. The students started swarming over to her desk to hand in their work.

You look around the classroom to find a girl dozing off, looking at the window. She was so beautiful, you immediately looked away after the teacher told everybody to be quiet.

Jisoo's POV:

I doze off and look out the window after handing in my homework. The clouds outside is very thick. I think it is going to rain. I look back at the teacher. There is a new student today, the new student's name is Y/N. A new student in this school equals to hell. There are bullies everywhere.

"Jisoo.. Answer the question, please." The teacher called my name.

I look at the chalkboard. I heard a bunch of people giggling behind me.

"Ma'am, she's mute, she can't answer your question." Jungkook and his friends laughed.

"72." I answered.

"That is correct." The teacher wrote the answer on the board. I like keeping to myself and staying quiet. The quieter you are, the lesser mistakes you make.

Reader's POV:

After class, I go to my locker to put my things back inside and prepare for lunch. Suddenly, I felt somebody turn me around by my shoulder. It was a boy from my class.. Jungkook. Jungkook and his friend, Taehyung. 

"Hey, new kid. shine my shoes for me, would ya?" Jungkook laughed. I looked at Taehyung. Taehyung was looking at the ground. I could hear the hallway fill with laughter.

"Are you a mute too?" Jungkook looked at you with a smirk on his face. Jungkook then pushes you towards your locker by your chest. It made a large slam noise. Your chest hurts a lot, you fall on your knees and started coughing uncontrollably. "C'mon.. It's just a little push." Jungkook chuckled. 

Suddenly, Jisoo stepped in. "Yaaa, What the fuck do you think you're doing?" She shouted at Jungkook. The whole hallway went silent. 

"And here I thought you were mute." Jungkook turned his focus on Jisoo. 

I rummage through my bag and found my medicine. I quickly took it and slid it back into my bag. Luckily, nobody noticed.

"You two can be best friends now, you're both mute." Jungkook grinned before walking away with Taehyung.

Jisoo's POV:

After Jungkook and Taehyung left, I helped Y/N up. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes, thank you." Y/N coughed a little.

"Do you want to eat lunch together?" Jisoo offered.

"I'd hate to be a bother." Y/N replied.

"You're not, a little company is always good anyways." I smiled a little. It has been a long time since I smiled. I wonder why I did.

I took Y/N to the cafeteria. Everybody was whispering and looking at us. Y/N looks uncomfortable. I grabbed her hand and took her to somewhere quieter.

Reader's POV:

I felt very uncomfortable with so many stares. But then, Jisoo pulled me away and took me to the rooftop of the school. The scenery was so beautiful. We had lunch there. 

"Why did you switch schools?" Jisoo asked me.

"My dad has a new job offer here.." I lied. I didn't want her to know about my disease.

"That's cool." Jisoo replied. "Follow me, let me show you something."

I followed Jisoo. She took me to a shed on the rooftop of the school. Inside the shed, there was a cage with a rabbit. It was so adorable. Jisoo fed the rabbit a few carrots from her lunch. I noticed that the rabbit had one of it's legs bandaged.

"I rescued it on my way home one day. My parents will never let me keep it. So, I put it here. I knew that nobody will open this shed anyways." Jisoo explained.

"Why won't anybody open this shed?" I asked.

"Well.. it's rumoured to be haunted by a ghost of a missing student." Jisoo shared. "Even the teachers are scared of it. We have to go now, it's almost class." 

Jisoo pulled your hand and took the both of you back to your classroom just in time.