Chapter 6

Leon Pov

"Leon," Sherry yelled, running into my jump on my bed.

"Umm," I groaned, not wanting to get up from my room.

"Leon, get up. Today is game night," she shook me.

"Alright I'm up. I'm up. What time is it," I ask to move to the edge of my bed, turning around to look at her.

"Umm. The last time I checked it was... 3:52pm," I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

"Hey Leon what is that purple thing on your back," she asked as I got up and went to the bathroom.

"Work."

"It looks like it hurts. Are you okay," she asked softly. I finished brushing my teeth and walked over to her sat by her.

"Sherry look I don't want you to worry about me okay. You're the only thing that matters to me right. Just want to keep you safe and protected," I pulled her into a side hug.

"But it's hard not to worry about you Leon. Last time you came home with a broken arm and ribs from your job. I... I just don't want you to die. Just please be careful," she said, pulling me into a hug.

"Okay I'll be careful just for you," I pulled back looking at her. "So what snacks do you want from the store?"

"I made a list," she ran out of the room and went to her room to grab the list. She can come back with a long list of snacks.

"Oh," I chuckled as she handed me the list.

"So hear me out. This is the groceries list and the snacks list."

Groceries:

-Milk
-Paper towels
-Tissue
-Cat food (wet and dry)
-Bread
-Flour
-Egg
-Butter
-Sugar
-Soda

Snacks:

-Ships
-Cookie
-Icecream
-Popcorn
-Candy
-Goldfish
-Pretzels
-ect.

"Sherry this is a lot of...," I paused looking back at her at the back of the list.

"Snacks," she said excitedly.

"What's all this umm... cake ingredients?"

"This game night I thought that we could have a cake battle. To see who makes the better cake," she smiled happily.

"Okay I want you to stay here. While I get everything and don't let no one in okay."

"Okay here," she handed me the list and ran off. Once I got ready and walked downstairs into the kitchen making Sherry some breakfast.

"Okay I'll be back just stay here," I put my and Sherry dish in the sink and walked out to her and kissed her head.

"Where would I go,"she chuckled as I walked to the front door and left.

×~~×~~×~~×~~Time Skip~~×~~×~~×~~

"Hey Sher,I'm going to need a little help here," I yelled, carrying all the bags in the house.

"I think I can help you with that," Claire walks up to me with a big smile and grads some of the bags out of my hands.

"Hey love boy you might want to keep your mouth closed. Unless you're trying to catch something," she walked away with some bags in her hands and I walked into the living room where I saw a man on the phone talking to someone and Sherry was watching some kind of show.

I closed the front door with my foot and yelled after Claire.

"C-claire when did you get back?" I smiled at her even though she looked like shit.

"Um, I don't know. Maybe about an hour ago," I walked in with the rest of the bags with a smile. I came on to the coffee table and placed the bags down.

"I'm glad you're here Claire," I came over to hug her. I hugged her back as she hid her face on my shoulder. I miss you so much Claire, please don't leave us again.

Claire Pov

"So do you have somewhere to stay?" He pulled back from the hug.

"Um. No we don't but I was hoping we can stay a night or two. We'll leave in the morning if that's okay with you."

"Yeah that's okay but you can stay here long if you want to. You know you're always welcome in my house Claire," he moved away from me and started getting things ready for game night.

"So do you have some extra clothes for me and my brother Chris. Can we use?" He looked up from the bags and looked at me.

"I think I do wait here," he walked off to his room.

"Hey Claire I just called my supervisor telling them that I'm still alive. They're coming to pick me up in a couple minutes. Are you staying here or are you coming with me," he placed the phone down and also walked up to me.

"I think I'm going to stay Chris," he responds by nodding his with soft 'okay'. Then we heard someone blowing their horn.

"That's me Claire-bear. I'll call you once I get home okay," he hugged me and then started walking to the front door. He stops and looks over his shoulder. "Hey Claire. Don't do anything stupid."

"How can I when you're taking all the stupid with you," I smiled at him as left. I walked over back to Sherry sitting next to her and watched Jem with her as we waited for Leon.

15 minutes had gone by when Leon walked back into the room with a box.

"Okay here old my old clothes that I did wear anymore," he placed the box on the couch and looked around with a confused look.

"Where is your brother Claire?"

"He left not too long ago," I looked away from the TV to look at him.

"So who ready for game night," Leon acts with the biggest smile on his face.