chapter 1

I remember like it was yesterday I was walking to my house after school with my friends like I always did but this time something caught my eye it looked like a person she or he was just staring at me.

The next day I decided to tell my bffs Luna and ruby in class, Mr.Looper overheard us talking about it he sighs "girls if this is something private please talk about it somewhere else not in class." He told us then he went back to the lesson. Finally at the end of day I told my friends not to wait for me so they went on their way.

After I got all my stuff in my backpack I went to the place where I saw the person, he or she wasn't there. But there was a blue moon jewel necklace with a golden chain.

It looked so beautiful and pretty so I thought to myself that whoever lost it wouldn't mind if I just had it for a day or two right... so I just took it. I know it isn't right but it was calling me so I couldn't resist. So I put the necklace in my backpack and went home.

In the middle of the night I had this strange dream full of whispers and darkness. I don't know what they were saying but it felt so real like I was awake.

In the morning I checked my phone. It's Saturday and the time is 7:03 a.m I wanted to sleep some more but mom was calling my name telling me to wake up and that it's breakfast time.

So I got out of bed and got dressed. I decided that it might be a good idea to wear the necklace just in case there's visitors at the house again. I opened my door and walked to the hallway and down the stairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetie, how was your sleep?" Mom said with her kind smile "good morning and it was good I guess" I said with an unsure look.

"Is everything alright?" Mom said well heading over to the kitchen table with bacon and egg sandwiches "mom everything is fine I promise and besides it was just a dream" I said trying to not be mad.

"I'm a therapist sweetie. I know when something is wrong dont lie to me." Mom said with a serious tone." Alright fine, last night I had this weird dream that felt real but instead of having a nice peaceful dream I had this dream where it was filled with darkness and whispers that I couldn't hear."

"That sounds like your dream is trying to tell you that you're stressed out or something else" mom said. "I think you might be right mom I guess I'm probably just stressed" I said with an unsure smile.

I finished my breakfast and washed the dishes then headed outside to clear my head from the dream.

"Maddie," a faint whisper called out. "Who's there?" I asked turning my back but no one was there. I went back to my walk. Now I have to think more about what's happening today.

"Finally I'm here" I said heading over to my secret spot. "Looks like the apples grew completely. Let's pick the ones with no bugs and then go back home to clean them up" I told myself.

"Looks like that's all of them" I cheered "Maddie" the voice said softly "who's there show yourself" I requested there was no sound. I turned around " hello Maddie it is nice to finally meet you I'm Harry" he grinned "how do you know my name" I requested.

"That is something I can not say. All I can tell you is that I'm your new best friend if that's alright with you" Harry insisted. "I guess that's fine," I laughed.

"Great, we'll have a fun time hanging out" Harry cheered with a smile "I really do hope so" I said with a nervous smile "why so nervous Maddie" Harry said with a confused look "well I like to know people I become friends with more so than it's easier for me to feel comfortable" I confirmed.

"Right right I forgot how about we get to know each other," Harry suggested. "Alright that sounds like a great idea Harry" I chuckled.

Harry looked very happy with his idea and of course I was happy too because I haven't made a new friend for a long time.

Harry and I talked for hours on the green grass until it was time to head home for lunch. "It was nice getting to know you Harry" I said with a smile "it was nice getting to know you too Maddie" laughed Harry while getting up from the ground.

I waved Harry goodbye as he left my secret spot. I started to gather the apples again and headed home for lunch.

"Mom, I'm back!" I announced "welcome back sweetie, how your walk?" Mom said with a gentle smile "it was great I meant someone today and his name is Harry he is really kind." I said while heading over to the table.

"It's been awhile since you made a friend. I'm proud of you." Mom said with a happy smile. "I know mom I know." I remarked.