Chapter 2

You inspect his office, it's more messy than you have imagined

You inspect his office, it's more messy than you have imagined. Piles of paper are all over the room.

Pantalone is sitting in the middle of it at a table, he gives you an exhausted look.

"I came to apoligize for our last meeting.", you say while bowing a bit.
As your glance moves, you notice blood splattered across the papers lying on the table, as well as a pen dipped in red. This could have been your blood.

"And?" he responds, sitting up with a demanding expression.

"...", that response is what you feared the most, but you came prepared.
You sigh, walk infront of the desk, and throw a bag of Mora on top of the ruined sheets.

"Hmph", he smiles, puts his hands together and leans his chin onto them.
"Didn't you want to save up for your plan? Now you came here to buy your own life."

You drop your head, "...No, I'd take me way too long to gather the money. It's fine. I don't need it. It was just a suggestion."

"Aha...", he tilts his head to the side and smirks.
"We may not support your investment, but I can help you find a way to get the money yourself."

You look back at him with interest.

"You can assist me for a while. Work is not easy these days, I could use your logical thinking and dedication."
He taps the paper infront of him.
"If you accept the offer, I will pay you on top of your current salary."

This can't be that easy right... why out of all poeple would he want you as an assistant?
You remember what you witnessed after your last meeting... If he really knew you were listening to him, you'd run right into his trap now.

"Why me?", you ask, considering that there are so many other people who could be more suitable for this job.

"Because I have never met someone as pathetic as you. It's entertaining.", he giggles, and gets up from this chair.

"...", you stare at him not sure how to react to him degrading you, "...How much will you pay me?"

"Well... that depends on you, doesn't it? Otherwise..."
he holds up two of his fingers, "Twice the amount of your original pay should do."

"Ah...", that's a generous offer, but still not enough with your level of patience.

"What? That's a lot of Mora? Does it still not satisfy you?"

"..."

He steps over to your side of the table while gliding his hand across it's surface.
"But if you want even more..." he lowers his voice and puts his hand on your waist gently.
"...then you'll have to put special effort into your service.", he raises his eyebrows with a smirk.