she looks just like him

This is the only idea iv had so far that's the closest to a plot the others IL list down at the end but yea this will probably function much like the demon slayer prompts not in a clear order they just here to have a place to call home.

So in this one in the battle against the devil's Asta decides to stay behind and make sure the devil's can't ever leave hell and is constantly battling them

However the story dosnt focus on him but another.

I'm still debating if the battle is with spade war arc or set a few years after but it don't matter what I will say is there is a 10 year gap between Asta staying behind and now.

Oh and iv only watched the anime and iv just started reading the manga so please no spoilers.

With that said enjoy.

10 years have passed since the war with the devil's. 10 years since he last saw his brother.

He understood his reasons and they had to close the gate, he was the only one who could but there had to have been another way a way where he didn't have to stay in the devil's realm.

And it's that thought that keeps him going he knows Asta is still alive and he will bring him home. But for now he fly's towards hage to spend time with the church to remember him.

He landed at the entrance and knocked on the door. It opened revealing sister Lilly's smiling face "yuno please come in" yuno smiled and walked in "it's always good to see you yuno is Nash with you?" Nash joined the magic knights 5 years ago to follow in asta's footsteps he now fights alongside the crimson lion kings.

"No I believe he's on a mission in the heart kingdom"

"Oh ok then please yuno have a seat IL make some-" the church doors opened and a little girl ran towards sister lilly clutching something in her hands "sister lilly I found a hurt birdy" she held up a bird with a broken wing to sister lilly, with pleading eyes she asked "can you make the owies go away?" She looked at the girl then to yuno apologetically "I'm sorry yuno I need to deal with this"

"It's ok I can wait" she gave him a thankful smile and led the girl to another room. Yuno sat down waiting till the door opened up revealing recca. She grew into a beautiful young woman and despite having a job and her own place she still helps out around the church everyday, helping out with the orphans and workload.

"Oh hey yuno where's sister lilly?"

"She's helping to heal a bird" recca smiled and rolled her eyes "luma found another one" she sat down as yuno gave a questioning look "another one?"

"Yea everytime she finds an injured animal on her many "expeditions" she brings it straight here for sister lilly to heal" yuno smiles "sounds like a good kid" recca smiled as well "yea she is although it's sometimes hard to look at her... She looks so much like him" "what do you mean?"

She shakes her head "you'll know soon enough.. but anyway what's been happening with you we ain't seen you in a long while"

"Sorry iv been really busy with missions and for the first few years trying to accept things" recca nodded in understanding "there's also talks of choosing a new wizard king and I'm one of the candidates" recca's eyes widened and smile spread across her face "that's great I knew you could do it"

Yuno however didn't feel the same sentiment "it doesn't feel right" he received a confused look "he should be here, we should be competing for the title, he should be here to see me get it"

"So you don't want to be wizard king anymore?" He shook his head "no I do just... Not like this" she reached over and grabbed his hand "you deserve this and I'm pretty sure Asta would want you to accept anyway even if he can't be here" he chuckled "yea he'd probably call me an idiot... And a handsome jerk"