Chapter 4

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓ Two weeks later┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Two weeks later
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

It's been a while since you started working for Pantalone. He didn't 'ask you for favors' ever since, but he likes to tease you around, whispering things in your ear or touch you out of nowhere.

Sometimes he leaves Snezhnaya, and every time he does he wouldn't take you with him, making you feel a bit lonely.

Today is a special day though, the day of birth of the current Harbingers.
Since the members of the Harbingers come and go, it's a special for those who are part of them for years and years. Therefore, their part-take and service is celebrated as a holiday in Snezhnaya.

Mainly the Harbingers themselves organize the celebration, highlightling the pride of their nation, their achievements and their culture.

While Pantalone was busy preparing the event with the other Harbingers, you were trusted to take over his work.
It bores you, you would rather be helping with the preperations than sitting here doing paperwork and cancel Pantalone's guests.
But after three days of replacing a Harbinger, the celebration was finally prepared and you find yourself being a part of it.

It's rare to see the Fatui in such a good mood, even their family and friends are around.
For some reason, you're happy that Pantalone was able to attend the celebration without worrying about work, and the other Harbingers seem to be suprised about it too.

On the day of the event, you spend most of the time in Pantalone's office, but later that day you decide to look into the halls.
A lot of people are around and you can hear music.
At least you managed to dress yourself properly before runnig into the crowd.
Even though you knew you would spend most of your time at the office, you thought you would make yourself pretty.

You greet a few of your familiars, check out the foods and drinks, until you finally decide to check on ykur superior.
You haven't seen him in all these days, thinking of meeting him here, makes you a bit nervous.

You find him standing around with the other Harbingers, seemingly happy. You thought of updating him on the work you took over, but you think it's better not to bother him.
Right away you notice the glass of alcohol in his hand...

If this man get's drunk and runs into you, you're literally fucked.

At the same time, you don't want him to get into trouble... or get off with others but you...
You sigh, and walk away after all.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
5 AM
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛