Prologue

After an intense battle with Eggman, he was defeated, and Sonic and his crew would finally be at peace. The excitement of Eggman slowly died down and the news of Sonic winning the final battle with him was no longer talked about since a few years ago. Until this day...

 "Just about it, Sonic, all the chili dogs you could ever wish for if you help me with a simple task." A human spoke in a calm and raspy voice as he crossed his arms and placed them on the table in front of him. "Hm, when you put it that way, sounds delicious, but on the other hand," Sonic stopped for a while at the commander's offer. "Don't you think burning Eggman's base is a bad idea?" Sonic spoke a little while after, breaking the silence in the room. 

The commander thought about what said hedgehog was talking about. Burning ALL of Eggman's bases would be dangerous since almost all of them are buried deep in the forest with a lot of trees or out in the open. "Alright, We won't burn them, but there are items in some of the bases that have resources we'd like to inspect," He spoke a while after. 

----

Sonic and his crew walked through the dense forest, Tails holding a map as everyone else walked behind the two hedgehogs and the fox. "So If I am correct, we should be here on the map, and Eggman's last base is about... here." the fox spoke as he pointed at the map. The ebony hedgehog shook his head and took the map. "Hey!" Tails shouted.

"You're doing it all wrong, we're here on the map, so the doctor's base is here." Shadow explained as he showed Tails the map, directing him. Sonic peeked over their shoulders, his ears at the side of his head at the noises. "We'll get there in a flash!" Sonic exclaimed before dashing off in the distance. "Sonic! wait for us!" Amy shouted behind him with a heavy sigh when he didn't listen. 

After everyone reached the base, they headed inside for a look. Tails and Sonic went on the other side of the base while the rest checked out the front of it. "Look at this, Sonic," Tails spoke, going over to where his brother was in the distance. "Sonic?" He looked around but still couldn't find him, he started to get worried

"Sonic?!"