PROLOGUE

"Kevin, your dad is here." One of the women said to the little boy. He had been crying all day and wouldn't stop. He sniffed and raised his head. He found a nice looking man stand in front of him. "I don't have a father." The little boy stated. "No Kevin, his your father. "" No, his not . I don't have a father. "He cried harder." Let me handle him. "The man said. He swatted and patted the little boy's head." Quit crying my son. I really am your father......" "I don't have a father, I don't have a father!! Mooom!   I don't have a father. "Kevin kept crying. Why the hell was someone suddenly telling him that he was his father? He had spent eight years believing he didn't have one. Why now is his so called father showing up now? "Go away , I don't have a father, don't need one ".     " Kevin, he's here to take you to your new home". "No! I aren't going nowhere!"." Then we'll take you to the orphanage. ".  The little boy gasped. Anywhere but not the orphanage." No I don't wanna go there ". "Then you've got to follow your dad." He looked up again at the face of the man who claimed to be his father. Anger and hatred filled him at that moment. "If you claim to be my father, where were you all this while I grew up with Mom ? " " I'll tell you on our way". The man said." Please help me get his belongings into the car". He said to the women ." Thanks a lot Michael for showing up and agreeing to take him with you. At least,he now has someone to take care of him, now that Jennet has passed away....... please take care of him." Mrs Ellie said.  " Hmm". Michael assured.
              Kevin sat in the back seat. He had stopped crying but was still bitter.  He hated the fact that he was going to where he didn't know and with a man who claimed to be his father after he had already learned to live with out one. "Your mom........" Michael started as he drove." We...got divorced when you were only few months old . She took you with her and we got separated, that's why you grew up with out me". " So why did you decide to come get me?". Kevin asked. " The fact that your mom and i got divorced doesn't mean you're not my son". " Well it means as such to me. If you hadn't left, my mom would have probably survived. You left her all alone to suffer and that's why she died....."  He started to shed tears again" No son, you're getting it all wrong". " I am not your son! I hate you for abandoning my mom and I! I hate you." He cried on.   Michael bit his lip. This is no word for a child to say 'hate'. He sighed. "Look Kevin....".  "Don't talk to me. I won't listen." He said. Michael had to quit it . He knew no means to make Kevin believe that he wasn't responsible for Jennet. "God help me". He muttered.  Kevin just sat still , missing those moments he had with his mom. He didn't fully understand that word ,' death' , but all he understood was that he wasn't going to see his mom again.
         The rest of the drive back to vennemont where Michael lived,was sad and thoughtful for both Michael and Kevin .