Formal Introductions

Everyone gathered at the cemetery, Preparing to bury Finn. Raven couldn't bear to look at the burial, While Rachael couldn't go through with the whole thing. Both of them stood far away, Watching as Finn's coffin was lowered into the hole that was digged.

"Mom... I'm going to kill him..."

"I agree with you, My little Blackbird, But I'm not going to give him an easy death. It's too quick and painless for him. I'm going to break him, Piece by piece, and when he finally cracks, I will tear his soul out slowly."

Sofia walked right up, hearing the last parts.

"Have you learned nothing?!" Sofia Screamed.

"You don't have the right to scream at me about how I can't kill my Husband's murderer. Wren deserves to be totured slowly." Rachael coldly said.

"That doesn't mean you do it on your own! You need a plan, Something!"

"Are you Volunteering?" Flynn walked up.

"Sorry I'm late. Making sure Wren doesn't see us here. Or the Midnight's Eye."

"What's the plan now?" Raven asked.

"Back to the academy. It's time for formal Introductions."

A few moments later, Raven, Rachael, Sofia, Blake, Rivera, Ryan and Flynn arrived on campus. The Phoenix academy, Home to the new generation of elite agents around the world. It was a giant building, and looked like any other modern school campus.

New Cadets could be seen running, Holding books and equipment, Bags, As well as coffee and donuts.

"You have a donut shop on campus?" Sofia asked.

"Yes, It was named after you, and your love for donuts." Rachael replied, walking in. Cadets around greeted her as she led the group right onto the campus, giving the official tour.

"Like it or not, We can't be seen on the field anymore." Blake said.

"Which is why we aren't going to be on the field. They are." Rivera pointed at Raven and Flynn.

"Right, The rest of us have new roles here. This will be our new home for now. Blake, You're the new combat Specialist intructor." Rachael said.

"Right then, Can't wait." Blake smirked.

"Sofia, You'll be the new weapon theory professor. If you know helicopters inside out, there's no doubt you'll know weapons itself too." Rachael said.

"So what, We're suddenly your new teachers?" Sofia asked.

"I think it's great!" Raven said, Hugging Sofia.

"Oh, alright. But I'm only doing this for Raven. And if I can continue my donut spree." Sofia ruffled Raven's hair.

Rachael smiled. She looked at Rivera and Ryan.

"Rivera, Campus medic. Ryan, Field Analyst and Financial backer." She said.

"Something right up our alley." The Husband and wife Duo smiled.

"Let's get to work then." Rachael said, Splitting the group.

"You two, follow me." She nodded towards Raven and Flynn.

Rachael brought them into a different building, And it looked like a cadet dormitory. Much similar to the ones back when Rachael worked undercover at Halcyon, But rather more homely and modern.

"Allow me to introduce to you some of our promising Cadets." Rachael said.

"Cadets! Front and Centre!"

The whole room gathered in a neat row, Greeting Rachael.

"Meet my daughter, Raven. She'll be part of our training from now on."

The class came up to greet Raven, All smiling and mingling around. Meanwhile, Flynn walked off, Looking through the classrooms, training grounds and fields, as well as the dormitory building.

"I'm sorry I didn't introduce you to them." Rachael said, Finding Flynn.

"Don't worry about it. I didn't come here to join as a cadet. I came here to lay low and train with the cadets. No need to go about with the introductions." Flynn said.

"Still, You are always welcomed to officially be a cadet here."

"I'll think about it." Flynn smiled.

Raven was brought to her dorm room, Where a few others were inside. It was a big room, or rather, Apartment.

"You must be Raven." One of the girls perked up.

Flynn followed right behind Raven, carrying his and Her baggage.

"This our dorm?" He asked.

"Seems like it." Raven replied him.

The room introduced themselves. 3 girls and 3 guys all got up to greet Raven.

"I'm Alex. Codenamed Tank. Looks like all eight of us are a team now."

"Prakash. Codenamed Raptor. I came from India to help broaden my skill. Your mother gave me a second chance to become something other than a thief."

"Madeline! Nice to meet you! Oh, I'm codenamed Limbo."

"Samuel. I'm Madeline's Boyfriend. My codename is Oni."

"I'm Eun-hye. People call me Grace. My codename is Dokkaebi."

"I'm Isabella. My codename is Whistler."

"Hiya Everyone!" Raven Greeted everyone.

"Don't go." She whispered to Flynn, Grabbing his arm.

"You already know me, So let me introduce Flynn!"

Flynn stared at everyone coldly.

"Uhm, Hi." He said.

"Well what's your codename?" Alex asked.

"I... Don't have one." He said, Lying.

"Oh, don't worry, We'll figure out one for you!" He smiled.

Flynn retreated to his new room and closed the door. He was never one for making friends. He was conditioned to keep feelings mutual, And to never form any bonds. A perfect human weapon, Trained by conditioned agents in the Midnight's Eye.

There was a knock on his door.

"Flynn, It's Raven, Can I come in?" She asked.

"If you're going to bore me with questions, No." He chuckled out loud.

"I won't! Promise." She entered and sat beside Flynn.

Flynn smiled at her as he unpacked. He had brought only essentials, And nothing more than his Laptop, Console, And a puzzle toy.

"So, Why don't you wanna mingle? You seemed to mingle with me at the party."

"That was different. I felt more of my element there."

"So you're a playboy then." She teased.

"Not even remotely close. I just like to choose my friends properly." He said.

"You're obviously lying. Am I not your friend even though I'm so obnoxious towards you?" She asked, smiling and moving closer.

"You just won't quit, Will you?" Flynn asked, looking up. They both realized they were only inches away.

"Maybe I just won't quit at all..." Raven said, Moving closer, her eyes on his lips."

"Careful now, I'm a really dangerous guy with a lot of dangerous secrets." Flynn said, not moving, his eyes on her lips.

"Lucky for you, I like danger." She said, Closing the gap, cupping his cheeks.

Flynn closed his eyes, Letting himself indulge in the kiss.

"Just this once." He thought.