Chapter 9

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓ 10 pm┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

10 pm
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

It's getting unusually late and there is still no sign of Pantalone... after he gone missing for 9 hours, you decided to notify Pierro, who said Tartaglia would search him if he doesn't show up until the next day.
He's an adult man who knows how to fight and debate after all, you feel like he was just saying that so that you calm down, but actually you have no idea how carefully the Harbingers treat eachother...

You check the clock a lot, irritated by yourself.
Do you check it because you're actually worried about him? Or is it just the fact that something is missing...?

"Haa...", you sigh, leaning into Pantalone's chair and looking up to the ceiling.
You're tired, but you don't want to miss him in case he stumbles in now covered in blood or anything... Even if you go to sleep now, you insist on sleeping in the mini-lounge.

But what if... what if it turns out he is dead now...
What will happen then? Nothing? Pantalone isn't just a fighter, he is essential for.... well almost the whole economy of Teyvat.
If he died... would you have to replace him? You're the only one who knows enough about his work right now, you'd have to replace him or?
But if you replaced Pantalone... that'd mean that...

You hear loud thuds and grinding sounds from outside the office. The door is open, so your attention immediately shifts to the hall outside.

"Ah... You're really here....", Pantalone leans against the doorframe with effort.
He's pale, his face is smudged with blood and he's shaking pretty hard.
He looks like he's in a lot of pain, yet his clothes seem to be fine.

"Damn!? Are you alright??", you jump, rushing over to Pantalone.

"S-Stop- Don't touch me-", he says desperatly before you reach out to support him standing.

Your heart aches for a moment, though you know it's nothing personal.
"Are you injured?? You don't look well at all."

He smiles innocently, and nods.
"Then go get see a doctor right now, what do you think you're doing dragging yourself all the way here?? Do you wanna die?"
You scold him, walking outside the office in a hurry.

"W-Wait-... Ugh, don't think I came here to admire your face. It's important."

You stop, and turn around to look at him.
"These people know you're a guard now... be careful from now on, you might get killed..."

"... Just what did you do... Stay here now, I'm getting help."

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Later
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛