Chapter 3

At dismissal, Ezra and Zek we're heading to the car when Kanan was running up to them. "Hey, wait up!" He called out. They stopped and looked at him. Once he did catch up, he came to halt hurling over hands on his knees catching his breath.

"Uh..heh, hi" he gasped. Ezra scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Can you hurry up? You're making late for work." Ezra rushed. "Where you work?" Kanan asked after regaining his breath.
"The burger joint why?" Ezra asked shrugging his shoulders so his book bag was positioned on his back. Kanan saw how heavy it looked compared to Ezra's slim yet muscular frame. He was pale but a faint beige color. His hair was dark blue and his eyes were unbelievable to be just as blue. The average height for a teen.

Kanan looked down getting a glimpse of his feet. They were small and cute like they could fit in kid's sneakers. He smiled. Ezra coughed "Ahem" to get his attention. He looked up and blinked. "I'm sorry, I just the place sounded familiar that's all. No reason else."

"Oh". Zek peeped to cure the awkwardness between the two. Hesitantly Kanan blurted "Are you working night shift? If so,I'll do that since you have lots of homework and you looked like Hell yesterday and I figured-"

He was cut off by Ezra saying "Woah woah wait your saying too many things and it sounds like you're summoning demons to oppress me or some shit. Slow down geez!"

Kanan breathed and chuckled. "What about night shift?" Ezra asked. "Are you doing it? If not I'll takeover for you." He restated. "Ah. Well alright then go ahead I'll let boss know." Ezra said not sure why he'd do something like that.

"Okay, cool. So uh see ya later." Kanan chuckled jogging over to his car. Ezra shook his head. He turned to see Zek giving that look again. Ezra rolled his eyes as Zek giggled. " Now he really for sure likes you." Zek told him. "No he just wants to get on my good side and butter me up to do shit for him in return." The boys went back and forth not paying attention to a car driving pass that school's speed limit.

Zek turned and muttered "oh fuck" then walked quickly. Ezra was confused and walked at a normal pace.  "BRIDGER WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?! MOVE YOU DUMBASS!!" Zek  shouted. Ezra turned and suddenly everything when slow. As the car came close,  an arm was around Ezra's torso and it  snatched him out the way making his body slam against the concrete. He yelped in pain. The car halted a full stop only to reveal Dakota and other girls . She blew a huge bubble before lowering her sunglasses revealing her ice blue eyes.

"You condom failures need to watch where the fuck you're going, hate to see your guts spill." She said looking down at them. The girls in the back were cackling. Her red lips formed a devilish smirk before resuming her reckless driving. Kanan scowled at them as they turned the corner. He stood up lifting Ezra with him and was quickly shoved  "Whoa, I was just checking to see if you  were okay" Kanan said confused looking at him. Ezra punched him in the shoulder making Kanan flinch. "Like hell I am! What in the blue fuck is wrong with you?!" He snapped

"What's wrong with me? Dude, I literally just saved your life! You're welcome by the way" Kanan responded rubbing him arm. "Oh whoop dee fucking do. New kid saves a student ladies and gentlemen! Bravo wanna a fucking medal?" Ezra sarcastically said clapping his hands. "Didn't think it bothered you that much." Kanan muttered. "Maybe if you'd like to know that it ANNOYS me!!" Ezra yelled.

 Kanan's nose flared as his ears turned red.  Ezra rambled on and on his voice faded out until Kanan finally had enough. "You know what? You're nothing but a shallow and ungrateful piece of shit! I should've let that bitch run you over but I didn't. I don't see myself kissing your ass for doing you a favor. I didn't agree with Mr. Alaska to be you're little tag along or shadow. I agreed because I wanted a friend and needed some fucking help around here!" Ezra stood there shocked.

"I thought you would show me to be familiar with the school, tutor me, and help me get a job to put food on the table for my family. But no, you're just like every fucking body else: don't give a shit about nobody but your damn self or unless it's on your plate." Kanan snapped.

"I-I Kanan ... I didn't know or mean to-"Ezra stammered. "Save your half ass sorry! If this is your way of "thanking" me or people in general, you can take that apology,lube it, and shove it up your  tight ass." Kanan said before marching back to his car. Ezra watched scrunching up his face. Kanan started his car and pulled up near him. "And by the way, you're welcome." He said roughly then road off rock music playing loud as he went.

Zek walked over to him. "You should've just said thanks you cry baby." Zek scolded. "I didn't know what it is he really wanted." Ezra shrugged. Zek sighed. "You should've asked." He mumbled. They went home and called in sick to finish homework.