Chapter 1: Janette

Janette's P.O.V. 

As I was walking through the endless high school hallway full of bustling teenagers I felt a heating sensation crawl up my fingers to my arm. I glanced down and saw a tiny glowing red spark running up my arm. I ran to the bathroom as fast as I could and opened the doors. Luckily, it was empty and I looked back at my arm which was completely aflame now. I put water on it and the flame died.

I gave a sigh of relief. "That was a close call!". But I felt heat on my chest that was the same sensation I felt earlier. I touched my chest feeling my flame pendant which was burning hot. I looked in the mirror and saw the flames on the pendant were still, then changed into a burning flaming dragon.

Flames wrapped on the tail of the dragon with a flaming jaw, and two white hot crests on its head burned brightly. The dragon's body had burning bright wings spread out elegantly trapped in the silver, twisting, bars of my pendant.

"No no no! not now please no!" I cried out, grabbing a fistful of water and spraying it on my pendant. The dragon died out, and went back to the normal flames. I sighed again. "Will this ever stop?" it had doing this for three weeks now once a day ever since my 17th birthday. I looked down at my pendant and held it in my hands I thought of throwing it away or destroying it, but it was too beautiful.

I looked back in the mirror and saw my strawberry brown hair was wet from  the water on the pendant. I tried to dry my hair off with a hand dryer but unsuccessfully only managed to only dry the top half. I looked in the mirror again to see if there was anything else I could fix, but there wasn't so instead I put a blue hair tie in my hair to bring out my blue eyes and make my hair a little more bearable.

I walked out of the bathroom and stepped out in the hallway hoping no one noticed my little freak-out in the loo. As I walked back to my classes, I heard some on call my name. "Janette! Janette!" I turned and saw my best friend, Sienna running after me. "What?"

"I have been trying to get to you all day" she panted "Where were you?" she asked me "In the bathroom doing my um..... hair!" I said. I felt bad lying to her. Well it wasn't exactly a lie, I am just not telling her the whole truth. "Ok lets just get to class!" Sienna said and sprinted towards the history class's door.

I went after her but couldn't get in time for class. As I stepped in through the doors, I saw Mrs. Lyons wearing a deep scowl on her face, waiting for me. "Your late" she said sternly. "Now would you please take a seat next to Mr. Danielson?" she said with a now happy smile. I knew why that demon was smiling.

Over the summer I had dated Kyler Danielson, who cheated on me with some stranger (and later I found out he had cheated with two other girls before that) and we haven't talked to each other since. Oh and I know she knows. Everyone knows, even the teachers! Since Kyler was the most popular kid in school every girl wanted him, and I had him and he cheated on me with three different people! Now I have to sit next to him, my worst ex ever. I walked to the desk in the front of the class where Kyler sat. It was the only open seat so I sat down. I looked down at my lap trying to zone out everything for a moment, and I looked over at Kyler who of course, looked the other way and tried to ignore me which isn't going to work for him because sooner or later Mrs. Lyon would-"Kyler pay attention!" Mrs. Lyon said snapping me out of my thoughts.

She rattled off more facts about stuff I didn't listen to and class was over. I waited at the door of class for Sienna who sat in the back of the class.

"How was it?" she asked me "Lets just say, A LIVING HELL" I whispered to her gritting my teeth on my last words. "ok ok" she said "lets just go to the gym and we can talk later"

————————————————————————————————————

"um hey Janette can I ask you something?" Sienna asked me as we went down the steps and out of school. "What?" I said as we walked on the road towards my house. Usually we go to my house and do our homework together since she lives right next door. "You know how I'm dating Hunter?" she said "Well yeah of course" I said. We tell each other everything like sisters. "are you sure you're ok with it with Kyler being his best friend and all?" she said "yeah I'm fine with it. why'd you ask? I said it three times already"  I asked.

"Here he comes!" Sienna squealed. I looked up the path and saw Hunter jogging up to us shirtless with sweatpants on and a full six pack showing, and watched him sidle up next to Sienna. "Hey baby" he said in a smooth deep rich voice to Sienna. He pulled her close for a kiss and then bent over and kissed her. He pulled her back up still kissing, but after a moment I think he realized I was still awkwardly standing there so he stopped and said  "hey there Janette" 

"um hi Hunter..." I replied. "So what are you doing out here?" he asked me. " Oh I was just heading home" I said and smiled. I gave Sienna that I -am-going-to-leave-now-this-is-awkward  look than headed in the direction of my house.

A.N.

hi guys! sorry its so short and no action. No book is good till its juicy and has action. :( so this is just a short chapter to tell you about Janette and I hope its good enough. There are a lot of grammar mistakes, but I'm still in the editing stage of this chapter. Also, please: VOTE! COMMENT! READ MORE LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Ciao from your royal awesomeness, who saddled a unicorn and left :D