Faith over Fear - Part 2.

I am so hurt for abandoning my page and my books that I miss so so much but hopefully I grow on this account. Bare with me. I really hope you guys tune in with me because I know how much my books were liked and I miss writing for you guys, and myself. So, in other words, I'm back. And the show must go on.

———————————————————————————

Kamani

"When will she wake up?" I ask staring down at Sydnei's bruised swollen face, tears filling my eyes and falling onto her cheek. I squeeze my eyes shut as I lean down more pressing my forehead on hers.

"So, she suffered severe blunt head trauma and due to that trauma she has a lot of swelling around the brain, so we aren't sure when or if she'll wake up at this time. Luckily the paramedics got her here in just enough time for us to get her right into surgery. We managed to reduce some of the swelling already but there is still great risk at hand. Unfortunately, this kind of thing could go either way but we are hopeful and are going to give Sydnei the best care possible and monitor her frequently." Doctor Sayles reassures me while placing a hand on my shoulder.

The words are like sharp knives stabbing through my heart and I begin to cry all over again. Why her? God, please touch my baby. I cant do this without her.

"I'll give you some time to collect your thoughts and I'll be back in to check on her vitals and everything again soon. If you have any other questions, I will be nearby and if not, ask one of the nurses for me." I hear the doctor leave out the room and after a couple of minutes, I raise up wiping my face. My phone vibrates and I take it out of my hoodie looking at the screen. It's Sophie.

"Yo." I answer the phone, clearing my throat.

"Whats the news? I've been trying to get in touch with you. How was the surgery?" she asks worryingly. I sniff and shake my head looking up to the ceiling.

"Man, they say she might wake up or she might not. I dont know what the fuck I'm supposed to do with that. Like... like bro what the fuck am I going to do?" I begin to pace back and forth thinking of Kaylynn as I continue rambling.

"Fuck. I'm so sorry bro. Do you need anything? I got you, just say the word."

"Pray for us. My family need prayers, I need a miracle because I'll lose my mind if I lose her. How the fuck did this happen?" I say in frustration as I grip the hospital bed. I glance down at Syd's wedding ring that sat so perfectly on her finger.

"Ight Mani, I got you. All the homies send their best regards too. No one has heard from you which is understandable but I'm glad you finally answered. I know this is a lot for you and I know you probably just want your privacy and space, but if its not too much, maybe we can all come up there to visit when you're ready?" Sophie asks. I nod.

"Yeah, I'll let yall know. I'm kind of just out of it right now mentally but I'll fasho let yall know."

"Aight. Oh, and Sammy keeps calling. It might be about KayKay." I hear her call my daughter by her nickname and I feel a guilty feeling rush through my body. We say our goodbyes and I hang up my phone.

I dial Sam's number and I pull up the chair as close as possible to the bed. Grabbing Sydnei's hand, I hear Sam pick the phone up.

"Hello?" Her voice booms through the phone and I wince a little taking the phone from my ear turning my volume down. I also can hear what sounds like a tv blaring loudly.

"Hey Sam. Sorry, I haven't been communicating with you as much these past few days besides about Kay, I've just been so fucked up." I catch her up with everything and she starts telling me about Kaylynn.