PROLOGUE

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. All names used for the characters, businesses and many more are used in a fictitious manner. Any likeness or resemblance to the real world is totally and purely coincidental.

THIS STORY IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (SNU)

This story MAY contain HARSH LANGUAGE and MATURE THEMES that are inappropriate for extremely young viewers. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

____________________________________________________________

That one winter... 

As the gleaming snowflakes fell upon the streets of Seoul...

And as the freezing wind swirled around...

A cafe in the middle of town opened its lights, visible even through the light of day. 

________________________________________________________________________________

The glass door of the coffee shop creaked and the bell chimed --- a customer had entered the cafe. 

Xavi switched off the faucet as he heard the bell ring and quickly ran out the kitchen door. He wiped his wet hands on his apron as he approached the counter.

"Good morning. What can I get you?" Xavi fixed his glasses. The customer replied, "One Large Iced Americano," and adjusting her cap. "One Large Iced Americano coming right up," he smiled as he handed over the receipt.

More customers started showing up. Hours passed, and still the same routine --- taking a customer's order, making them, and bidding goodbyes.

Noon strikes the clock, and Xavi's morning shift is finally over. He went to the cafe's locker room and hung his apron inside his locker. 

"I thought it was going to be a light day since it's snowy outside," he mumbled while changing into his school uniform. He let out a deep sigh as he shut his locker.

Xavi looked at the clock beside the locker and said, "12:30 PM --- I guess it's time to go." He reached beneath the bench and pulled his backpack out, draping it on his back. He opened the door after waving to his friend, who was taking over the afternoon shift.

Xavi paused. He stood in front of the cafe and watched the clouds. He fixed his glasses  once again as the breeze caused his hair to bounce and sway.

Xavi wore his wired earphones --- blasting music in his ears --- and started walking to school. His shoes made a thumping noise as he trekked through the snowy streets. 

"Finally," he sighed heavily. "I'm here," he said to himself as he made his way down the dim hallway to his room. He walked right up to the chair in the room's corner that was furthest from the board and sat down.

"Oh, right. I have to scan my notes before the test," Xavi said to himself while he settled his things. He checked the time on the clock on top of the blackboard. "1:20 PM... 10 minutes before the professor comes," he muttered as he took off his wired headphones.

Xavi took out his notebook and pen. He skimmed his notes for the remaining time and closed his notebook as the professor entered the room.

"Good afternoon, class. Alright, grab a pen. Let's start the test." The professor's voice echoed through the whole room. Xavi removed his pen's cap and started answering the test as soon as the test paper was passed in the back. 

Hours passed, and the bell finally rang, indicating that it was dismissal time. He looked at the clock and silently said, "8:00 PM."He took off his glasses, packed his bag, and went into the locker room for his trench coat. He put it on and walked quietly down the hallway, making his way through the mass of students.

When Xavi got closer to the school exit, he caught sight of snowflakes falling to the ground. It was a cold and breezy evening. He suddenly felt a gush of cold wind strike his face when he stepped outside. 

Xavi took his usual street home. Pacing along the sidewalk, he saw someone across the sidewalk walking with him. Xavi glanced at the other side of the pedestrian lane. Both of them crossed the road abruptly.

It was an empty street.

 No cars. 

No noise. 

Nothing. 

Just the two of them. 

They crossed the pedestrian lane and stopped in the middle when they finally caught a glimpse of each other. They locked eyes. She looked up at Xavi, her gorgeous blue eyes catching his. 

Tears welled from deep inside and coursed down their cheeks, the difference being that while she gazed at Xavi with confusion, she only shed a single tear as opposed to Xavi, whose tears nearly formed an ocean. 

It was like time froze. 

A light breeze gusted through them as they gazed into each other's eyes.

Xavi painted a small smile, displaying the joy at having finally found something—or someone. 

Memories that once dwindled in time came rushing back like an uninvited guest. Words suddenly became too heavy to utter until he finally breathed out, "I've found you."

"Again."