You're Beautiful

A/n: This is a very AU story where Johnny leaves Port Charles shortly after breaking up with Lulu, but they made amends before he left and are friends…they still talk. Johnny’s had a few flings but, nothing really ever amounted to anything. Johnny resides in Maine where he’s a college music professor leaving the mob life back in Port Charles, he has a good relationship with practically all of his students. I’m writing a story similar to this titled “Homecoming Queen”, but with Lulu being the one to leave. Everything else should be explained later in the story, if anyone has any other questions just ask and I’ll make sure to answer in the next chapter. Happy reading and thank you!

Click. Click. Click. That noise used to set the young man on edge, thinking his enemies were about to shoot his house up…but Johnny had left that life behind about three and a half years ago now. Now, the clicking news came from his roommate Abby’s laptop…telling her that it was probably time to invest in a new one.
“Piece of shit.” The young blonde mumbled, slightly hitting the dull silver dell desktop X.
“Yeah, that’s definitely going to help.” Johnny mutters sarcastically.
“Fuck off. I’m too broke to afford a new one, which you know. If it would stop refreshing for five minutes I could actually finish this assignment.” Abby grumbled sourly, Abby was a part time Secretary at a law firm across the block pulling twenty-nine hours a week, even with making $15 an hour she still struggled. The only reason she had a place to live right now, was because Johnny didn’t ask her for much money. Abby had worked at the university his first year in Maine but, had been fired due to a higher up sexually assaulting her. Johnny felt bad so, he approached her and they’d been friends and roomies since.
“I could always buy you one, Abby. I’ve got the money.” Johnny chuckled.
“Don’t want you to. Ugh, I’m going to the fucking library. Later.” Abby threw up a peace sign, before walking out the door.
“I wonder how everyone’s doing back in fucktown.” Johnny mumbled to himself, his nickname for Port Charles. The last he’d heard his father was incarcerated at Shadybrooke entangled with Heather Webber…he wasn’t even going to touch that. Claudia was married to Ric Lansing, his older sister called, texted and FaceTimed him all the time. Johnny scrolled on his social media coming across his ex-girlfriend’s Instagram. Lulu had only gotten more beautiful with time, the picture showed her with a forced smile.
Lulu Spencer “Everything is forced anymore, lol I’m gonna shoot myself.”
10 comments.
Maxie Jones:Not if I shoot you first.
Lulu Spencer: Go ahead, you’d be doing me a favor.
Maxie Jones: 🔫
Lulu Spencer: harder daddy 😚
Matt Hunter: Lulu, you need to get laid. If you’re man’s not doing his job, you know you can always call up Johnny lol.
Lulu Spencer: hahaha, you’re so funny. Btw, I don’t have a man. Get outta GH sometime, Matty.
Maxie Jones: WHAT? SINCE WHEN??? Oh yeah, Johnny would definitely do you. No questions asked.
Matt Hunter: I’m not even surprised, cops are Maxie’s forte. You were bored as hell. CALL. HIM. UP.
Lulu Spencer: y’all are annoying.
Maxie Jones: it’s true, just call him.
Johnny chuckled upon seeing the comments, obviously he still ranked somewhere with her.
“Zacchara.” He answered his phone, out of habit.
“You still answer you’re phone like that. Huh?” Lulu chuckled on the other line of the phone, walking through the Port Charles airport.
“Force of habit. Don’t make fun of me.” Johnny laughed, smile growing as he heard her voice.
“I have a question, I’m praying that you won’t turn me down.” Lulu sighed, growing serious as she cracked her knuckles.
“I’ve never turned you down in my life. What’s up?” He asked, concerned.
“I was thinking about coming to see you. Would that be weird? I just-can’t with Port Charles anymore. I’ve got hotel money and shit, I’m actually at the airport right now.” Lulu blabbed, as she went through baggage claim.
“Now that…that’s the Lulu Spencer I remember. It’s been way too long, I always love seeing you. Don’t be silly, you can stay with me until you can find a place…I have a guest room that’s not being used. I will tell you that I have a roommate but, Abby’s cool.” Johnny smiled, the thought of seeing her again had him-ecstatic.
“Awe Johnny, you don’t have to do that. I’d be in the way! I haven’t been myself in such a long time and I decided if I wanted to find myself again, I should take risks. Go somewhere new. You’re one of the only people who knows me best, you know. Oh, really? Like a girlfriend roomie or just like a friend?” Lulu asked, admittedly she knew nothing of his life now.
“I want to, you’re not asking me to do anything. You wouldn’t be in the way, come on! Ugh, when will you get here? I wanna pick you up. I understand, I lost myself too…which is why I had to leave. I’ll help you, it’ll be good to catch up. No, Abby’s just a friend trust me. I’ve had a few flings but, nothings been serious.” Johnny should have known she would think that Abby was a girlfriend.
“I land at 7 pm, I’m boarding now so I won’t be able to talk for too long. Oh alright, I just don’t want to be in the way. Thank you for this Johnny, I really do appreciate it. My family kind of cut me off and aren’t really talking to me right now, Maxie and Matt were the only ones talking to me honestly. In this day and age, I just had to ask. I don’t want to be stepping into drama right now.” Lulu chuckled, excitement settling into her chest.
“I’ll be there…all joking aside, I’ve really missed seeing my favorite girl. It’s not a problem baby girl, you know I’d do anything for you. Oh shit, you’ll have to tell me all about it when you get here…yeah I saw what they said on Instagram. Maxie and Matt haven’t changed one bit. I think Abby will love you but I completely understand, you don’t have to worry about any drama. I’ll see you in a couple of hours, Lu.” Johnny warmly smiled, glancing at the clock. Nine o’clock in the morning.
“It’ll be so good to see you, Johnny. I’ve had enough cold shoulder to last a lifetime. Trust me, I’ll tell you EVERYTHING. WHAT? OMG YOU SAW THAT? I AM SO SORRY! Okay I’ll see you at 7.” Lulu smiled to herself as they hung up, settling into a window seat.
Johnny pulled out his phone and called Abby, hoping she’d answer.