Discovery

With my energy completely drained, I felt shaken, as the idea of even standing there registered as effort to my body. My thoughts reassured me that this lethargy was caused by the celebrative functions that I had been attending that week, which left me in a deficit of sleep. However, I failed to understand why my heart was able to sprint when I was barely able to stand. As she approached, my heart started hurdling and suddenly I realised I was in the wrong race. This didn't make sense. It seemed as though she reached me maybe four, or five minutes later, but in fact it was right that second. My ears muted the sound of the public and all I could hear was the melody she carried with the sound of the shore and the night breeze. My heart being the percussion, she added her own vocals as she greeted me with a fine "Hello." Unable to take part in the duet initially, I slowly poured out a response. Simultaneously our smiles grew.

As the conversation continued, we exchanged the chapters of our lives while we stood under a full moon accompanied by scattered stars that appeared to be forming patterns. It felt like time stood still and that this night would continue forever. My eyes were fully opened and glued to the hazel tainted windows of her soul, for this was a view I could only imagine on the postcard of my favourite holiday; one of which I didn't know existed, until now. My tiredness must have walked away and something else must have entered because I was lifted like never before. I contradicted all my earlier thoughts because all I could feel now was zing.