One.

*Georgia's POV*

I opened my drawer and retrieved a dusty book hidden under a pile of old novels. My brown hair sweeped across my face, as I looked down at the book, which I then proceeded to push behind my ears.

The book itself was so dusty that I couldn't make out the words that were embedded into the cover. I wiped away the built up dust and traced the now visible letters with my finger.

'SCHOOL YEARBOOK 2004' I read aloud. Suddenly the memories came flooding back to me.

I carefully turned the first page and saw a collective amount of messy scribbles as people signed their name in my yearbook. I could hardly make out what any of them wrote.

I barely spoke to any of my best friends back in Year 1. We lost touch after I had to move schools and I made new friends, forgetting about the old ones.

Of course, there were a few names that I could remember off of the top of my head.

Angie, Jack, Joe, Zoe and I had our own little friendship group or 'clique'. We used to hang around with each other everyday, go to each others' houses, sit together at lunch and all that sort of stuff.

Oh, and Shawn.

I miss Shawn.

He was literally my best friend from Year 1. Obviously we didn't really know what it meant to be best friends at that age and how it would affect us but upon reflecting it, he was one of the most amazing friends I've ever had.

He was the only one I kept in touch with after I moved schools. The constant texts we sent to each other was one of the only things keeping me happy during that time.

I flicked over to the next page in the yearbook to find a class photo of us all looking incredibly young. I scanned through all the faces (most of which I barely recognised) to find mine. As I suspected, I was stood right next to Shawn.

"Georgie?" my mum called.

Her and my dad called me Georgie as a nickname. Well, what my dad used to call me.

"Georgie, come down now please!" she called sternly.

I packed all my books back into my drawer, leaving the yearbook on my desk next to my bed. I hurried down the stairs to find out why my mum was calling me.

As I trotted down the upstairs corridor, I saw the bedroom of my slightly older sister, Amelia, slightly ajar.

I peeked in and saw her writing essays at her desk. She turned to look at me momentarily.

"You know mum is calling you right?" she informed me.

"Yeah I was on my way down. Do you know what she wants?" I asked.

"Beats me." she bluntly replied.

"Right. Okay." I was about to close her door when she said something to me.

"Leave my door open! Please."

I was suspicious but followed her orders as I left her room.

"Georgie! How many times?"

"Yes, mum?" I replied.

"I've just received a letter from your school, why have you missed-" There was a pause as she looked down at the paper, "14 lessons in the past week? What have you been doing?"

I stood silently looking at the ground. My hair kept falling before myself but I let it shield my face from meeting her concerned gaze.

"Well?" she waited. "I don't pay £10,000 a year for you to be going in and out whenever you want!"

Again, I replied with silence.

"Georgia Michaels," she shouted, "If you have no explanation, I guess I have no choice but to put you back in a public school. This isn't working out.' she sighed.

"No! Please, no!" I screamed at her. I had been at a private school for nearly 10 years and going back to a public school would throw me off course.

"I'll ring your headmistress in a little while." She finished off.

"I hate you!" I almost cursed at her. The shock on her face was almost upsetting.

I stormed up the stairs and slammed the door and began crying into my pillow.

I couldn't go back to a public school and she couldn't understand why.

Nobody will.
__________________________

Hi thank you for reading the first chapter of my new Shawn fan-fic! I hope this wasn't too short! Please comment and vote if you want more and I'll update as soon as possible.

Thank you!
- Aisha