introduction

Gabriel sat on the bus, glaring out the window. There were trees no matter where he looked. An occasional bird fluttered by.
This will be another boring trip. He thought to himself.
"Hey Gabriel!" A voice said. "Wanna hear a story I heard?" It was the voice of Lea, a girl in his grade, but in another class. She enjoyed scaring all the other kids.
"Fine," Gabriel groaned.
"Good," Lea crossed her arms and smiled. "This is a story about our camp. Y'know, camp HoofHorn?"
"I do," Gabriel crossed his arms to imitate Lea, with a sarcastic smile on his face.
"So, this is a story about the campers in 1989 who went to that camp. They settled in, had a good time, yeah?" Lea's grin turned into a suspenseful frown. "But what they didn't know is that there was a counsellor with a special necklace. The necklace was a Topaz stone. But not just any stone. It was special!"
"Lea, you told me it was special before," Gabriel frowned.
"I meant magic, not special." Lea put her hands in her pockets and shrugged.
"Okay," Gabriel looked back at the window, and he could see some cabins through the trees. They were almost at the camp!
"Get on with the story, lea! We're almost here."
"Yeah, so, the necklace Turned them into deer when they were bad, and legend says the kids are still wandering the forest, waiting to invite the next campers into their herd." Lea laughed an evil laugh.
"That's obviously not real, besides, I heard the counsellors are nice." Gabriel stuck a finger to lea's chest.

I hope.