Much sad

(i wrote this for my medical class and got an A on it)
~~
Floppa was just an average man, he had a wife and 2 kids. Floppa was happy. One day, he sat in his chair, watching the kids play with their new toy train, when he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his kidney. Within the next hour, Floppa was put in the hospital. "Mr. Floppa, you seem to be suffering from nephritis, we'll need to get a blood test and a biopsy to confirm though." This was the moment that Floppa's life would go downhill.
A week later, the doctor called with the results. "Mr. Floppa, the results are in, and they're worse than we thought. Please come to the hospital immediately." The phone slipped from his hand in shock. His wife put a hand on his arm.
"Honey? What did the doctor say?" Grumpy Cat asked.
"My spicy pepper, we need to get to the hospital immediately. Call the kids and tell them we'll be picking them up late."

"You might wanna sit down for this one, Mr. Floppa and Mrs. Grumpy." Dr. Bingus spun in his chair. "The results came back, and they don't look good. It came back positive for nephritis, but there's also evidence that you have an abnormal amount of cancer cells. We'll have to do more tests to know what."
Grumpy Cat set a hand to Floppa's leg, which was bouncing "Can the nephritis be treated?" He asked.
"With a week or two of anti-inflammatory steroids, the nephritis symptoms should calm itself but because we found it early we must treat it right away."
"What if we dont treat it?" Grumpy Cat asked with concern.
"It would lead to kidney failure, and treatment of a transplant or dialysis" Doctor Bingus neated out a stack of paper.
"And the cancer levels.. what does that mean?" Floppa asked with an anxiously bouncing leg.
"We'll need to do more testing to discover what type of cancer we are dealing with and how we can treat it," Doctor Bingus flicked his ear.

After this little meeting, Nurse Morrshal had taken some blood from Floppa and sent it to the labs.
"Mr. Floppa, the labs have come back, we have found you have developed a few types of cancer," nurse Morrshal sat down.
"Give it to me, I can handle it," Floppa said.
"We found a few small dermatomas as well as a testoma, urethra sarcoma, and a hemangioma." Morrshal dipped his ears back.
"Well shoot.. guess I'm bound for death huh?" He looked to Grumpy Cat who teared up.
"No...This can't be the end for my husband, the kids still need him. I still need him. There has to be a way we can treat this, right doctor?"
"Of course, but he'll have to stay in the hospital for an unknown amount of time." Dr. Bingus reassured.
The room was silent, Floppa broke the silence and put a hand on his wife's knee, "Go get the kids honey, they're almost out of school, and they need to know what's going on."

Little Floppa and Smudge ran to their fathers bedside, "Daddy daddy! Mommy says you have cancer, that can't be true, can it?" The youngest, Smudge, pleaded.
"It's true, Smudge, I'm sorry. But daddy is going to get better, the doctors are treating me, daddy is going to be okay." He held his child's hand as both kids started to sob, worried their dad would die.

As the months went by, Floppa only got worse. Nurse Morrshal spoke with Grumpy Cat outside of the hospital room while Floppa caught up with his kids. "Well Mrs. Grumpy Cat, his gastrointestinal system has been failing. Within the last few days we had to give him an esophagoplasty due to cystorrhexis, pancreatorrhea, and splenomegaly."
"Was the surgery a success, nurse?" Grumpy Cat asked, voice filled with concern.
"Yes, but he now suffers from gastrointestinal sepsis."
Grumpy Cat fell to her knees, tears falling down as the grim reality set in.

A full year has passed since, and things have only gotten worse. Dr. Bingus sat down with Grumpy Cat, Nurse Morrshal by his side with a clipboard. "Mrs. Grumpy Cat, I'm afraid your husband won't be making a recovery. He's recently been suffering from arthritis, neurosis, mycidal, hematemesis, tonsillitis, dysoculopia, scoliosis, and hyperhidrosis. We tried to treat his scoliosis and arthritis with a myeloclast but he's only gotten worse."
Grumpy Cat sobbed and clung to the doctor's coat, "Please doctor! There has to be something you can do!"
"I'm afraid there's nothing we can do, Mrs. Grumpy Cat. I recommend you and your kids spend as much time with him before he passes." Nurse Morrshal put a hand on her shoulder.

Grumpy Cat picked up the ringing phone, "Yes?" Her voice hoarse from depression and grief.
"I'm sorry, Mrs. Grumpy Cat. Your husband died this morning of cardicidal." Doctor Bingus spoke with a low voice.
Grumpy Cat burst out in tears "No.. no! This can't be!" She cried on the phone.
"We did all we could do to make his passing as comfortable as possible." Doctor Bingus said.
"He was fine before going to the hospital but only got worse there, it's your fault! You and your staff made him worse!" Grumpy Cat cried and hung up the phone.

Her children ran over to her and clung to her.
"Is daddy coming home soon?" Smudge asked.
Grumpy Cat shook her head "I'm sorry my children...but your father is gone" she spoke with devastation and a shake to her voice.
Both children looked at each other with saddened eyes as they hugged their mom, tearing up heavily as Grumpy Cat had her face in her hands