Part One :1960

Chapter one

The drizzle of the rain felt like it was actually raining heavily, Uzor looked outside the window of his room in the hospital his head was bandaged, which made the Doctors cut off his Afro haircut, it made him bald, he also had headaches, he kept on thinking ,his teacher always told him that at Sixteen year old he wasn't supposed to be thinking like that, but he had to think,what could have caused his parents to fight, his dad "Lieutenant ndubisi" the always bald headed man, always wearing office wears, liked to drive an Audi Quattro, liked to wear Boat shoes and had the highest rank in the Military he couldn't just start beating up his wife, and his mother Mrs Ore was peaceful ,she was always on braided hair, tall, black and beautiful and she married Uzor's father when she was just twenty-two, she didn't deserve the treatment she got from her husband, he wanted to know what was happening, his mom was also hospitalized, but she was in another room he thought they had spent months there, but they had only spent few days there, he was already unconscious before he was brought here, his mother's family members didn't allow his father to come visit them, Uzor mother's brother "Uncle Joe who was a Lawyer sued him ( Uzor's father) to Court, he was sentenced to one year imprisonment and to pay a sum of Fifty naira to Mrs Ore, Mrs Ore filed for Divorce and She was awarded custody of Uzor, because Mr Ndubisi was now an convict so they couldn't possibly give him custody of Uzor ,he was also stripped off his authority as a Soldier, after few days in the hospital, Uzor and Mrs Ore were later discharged, Uzor was surprised when they didn't go back to there house in Western region, his mother took him to the Eastern part of Nigeria, she had already gotten a flat there, which was in the outskirts of town , to Uzor it felt pitch-dark without his father, he missed him so much and to cap it all up he was in jail, most of his mother's siblings filled the place either arranging there things or cooking, he loved his Aunty Linda's cooking she studied at Oxford she married a British but later divorced him, she took half of his property and he was charged for paying alimony worth five hundred pounds every month, but she was kind, she gave her husband part of the money, she had four children Kami, Jake, Chrissy and Mike, Chrissy and Jake were white like there dad but kami and Mike were blacks, Uzor's uncles sometimes said that kami and Mike are the true Nigerians but Chrissy and Jake were foreigners, they all left in the Evening and Uzor had to go and Question his Mother, he went amateurish, Mum!, he began, Uzor What is it?, Ore asked, "Mum why are we here?!", "Can't you forgive Dad?!", "Must you divorce him?!", Uzor asked, "Chibuzor! Don't you know what your dad did to me?!, he beat me up!,and then he hit you, Ore said", "No! Mum that wasn't what happened! He was hitting you and I came to separate you guys and then he hit me by mistake, but mum you must have done some........", Uzor explained, "shut up! Uzor what do you know?!, you are only a child you won't understand anything", Ore said, "mum please forgive him", Uzor said as tears filled up his eyes and they started dropping like tap that was not put on properly, "I can't Uzor, we are going to be leaving here from now on your Uncle joe found a school for you, you will Start tomorrow morning, don't talk about your father again, Have I made myself clear!", Ore threatened, "yes Mom!" ,Uzor answers reluctantly.

                          —————————————————

Eastern high school was not that Far from the Flat ,Uzor and his mom lived in, it was just 3.4 kilometres away, sometimes Uzor trekked to school or was dropped off by his Uncle joe he was very fair , short, with Massive hands, he owned a supermarket but he was still unmarried even though he was much older than Mrs Ore he always had an "Afro Twist" haircut he owned a "Porsche 959" very few people had Cars then , on Uzor's first day It was Uncle joe that took him, Uzor was looking elegant in his Black Shorts, Black Shirt and white socks , his hair had started growing and he wasn't looking bald again , "Hey", Uzor I know it's been hard for you "because your parents are divorced", and "your now in a new environ......", Uncle Joe tries to talk to him, "Just stop", "Uncle!", "You can't just Understand" and "your not my my father you don't know how it feels to be without him right now" and "you can't just make me susceptible it's just stupefying",  "please Stop!" , Uzor Shouted, "Shut up you little brat!", he blows Uzor and Starts beating him, "Uncle! Please Stop!" , "when did you learn to talk to me like that ?", "Ehh!", Someone knocks on the car window Uncle joe stops, wines the car window down, it's a young beautiful girl about Uzor's age, "Excuse me sir" , she says, "your not supposed to beat him like that his just a young boy" , she continues ,"Why don't you mind your own business?!" , Uncle joe shouted, "if you touch him again I will report you", she talks back at him and "trust me you wouldn't want to go to jail for child abuse" , the girl talks again , Uncle joe calms down and let's Uzor out of the Car and zooms off, "Thank you for that" , Uzor says in a low tune, "Don't thank me, thank the Law", she said, "we have to get you to the infirmary" , it was like a small hospital but it was Large they had different wards for everything and everywhere was properly arranged, your looking bad, the girl explained, Am Uzor, Uzor introduced himself, am MonaLisa, the girl introduced herself,
Nice name, Uzor commended her,