Nife

I have an imaginary friend. Her name is Nife. She doesn’t talk, she just listens. I can’t see her but I can feel her presence. She’s not an ordinary friend, she’s extraordinary! She’s neither like you nor like me. She’s a superhuman, not a human.

I met her when everyone left me with nothing. That’s why I love her with all my heart and my effin brain! We hang out a lot in my room but I don’t know how.

One day, she wrote me a letter. I was shocked when I found it inside my diary. I opened it and I got more shocked with what I saw. And I confirmed that she’s not really ordinary. Her letter isn’t ordinary. She didn’t use ink or any writing materials. Instead, she used her own blood just to write me a letter. How sweet is that, right?

Here’s what her says:

Dear friend,

          I don’t know how to start this but I really thank you for trusting me. I know I’m not like your other friends. You can’t see me because we’re not the same. See? I’m not a human. I am so sorry for that. If I could only do something so that I could be like you, I already did.

          I wish I could hold your hand to make you feel you’re safe. I wish I could hug you so I can tell you that I’m just here. I wish I could wipe your tears when you cry because of those people who hurt you. But these are just wishes that will never come true.. because I’m just your imaginary friend.. created by your own imagination.. :’(

I cried and cried after reading her letter for me. Then I decided to make a letter for Nife.

Here’s what my letter says:

Dear Nife,

          I may not see you, I may not hold you, I may not hug you. But I can feel your presence and that’s what important, right?

          You were there when everybody left me, when I have no one to lean on. When I feel so down and there’s no one to listen to my problems. Thank you so much for that!

          Yeah, we’re not the same but we have one thing in common. Do you know what it is? We love each other! And knowing this is enough for me.

          I know you’re just my imaginary friend, but I want you to know that you were the best thing that I’ve ever made! And if time comes that I grow old and forget everything, I want you to remember this.. you will always be here.. near in my heart.. and FOREVER will be! :)

I’ve waited for her reply for days, weeks, months and it turned out to be years..

It’s been 5 years but I never heard about Nife again. Because of that, I became more depressed. I came back to my old life before I met Nife. I cut my wrists and I thought of committing suicide.

One night, I stood in front of the mirror and saw my own reflection. I found myself crying. I miss her. I miss my imaginary friend. I miss Nife!

I searched for my razorblade inside my drawer..

The next thing I knew..

I was lying on the floor with my blood heavily flowing from my wrists.. I can only hear my heart beating that I almost became deaf.. until my eyes gently closed..

..the last thing I knew.. tears fell from my eyes..