Chapter One: Weekend

"Hey, uh Sabine? Would you mind coming in unpaid today? We are understaffed today, and I thought you were the best option."

The man on the phone asked his employee, Sabine; Sabine was a woman of short stature, her black hair framing her face in a messy yet stylish cut. Her striking hazel eyes almost appeared a golden hue, and she was one of his most trusted workers. She wanted to say no, as this was the one weekend she had off for weeks, but her mother wouldn't let her off easy if she lost this job. She replied; "Fine." letting out a heavy sigh, she announced; "I'll be there when we open..." As she hung up the phone, she walked to her closet, put her work clothes on, out of the corner of her eye she caught sight of outside, and realized it was raining, she tried to find her umbrella, only to realize the second when it was found that her fiancé had broken it in a fit of rage. Sabine, who was already highly frustrated after many other things that happened throughout the day, could cry right now, but she sucked it up and walked to her car covering her head to try and block the rain, but it didn't work. she was soaked, great! Another load of laundry to do, she thought as she got into her car.

Hours later, she returned home, drenched in the rainwater again as it hadn't stopped raining. After working a 19-hour shift, she was fatigued. As she put her hand on the doorknob of the house, she thought to herself; I hope he's not home... she sighed before hearing glass bottles shattering as she walked into a cozy living room, she quietly walked past the couch and other furniture in the home, she snuck over to the flight of stairs, the old floorboards would get her killed if she didn't find a way to not to be seen or heard going up the stairs.

I mean he's in the lounge, right beside the stairs, she tried to think of possible ways to get past him.

Run past him and close the door? No, no, no.. he'll grab my hair... Try to get in through the window. No way! It's too high, and I wouldn't even be able to unlock it because of last time... He tried to get into my window the last time I kicked him out so I kept it locked! Call the police! No! There's a gun in my room! I don't have a license to own one! They will arrest me! I'm not trying to go to jail. Use the gun. Nope still upstairs so he doesn't take it.

Her mind goes blank, and as she runs out of options, she starts to panic and everything soon goes black.

??? POV:

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!, The person screamed after falling from a hole in the ceiling. "BE QUIET, YOU IDIOT!" the person whispered over the call. "Who the hell are you *hic*!?" Brad yells out. "Sora, check if someone else is here." "Who is going to watch this guy!?" "It's not like he can do anything competent! Just go!" "Okay, okay! Jeez. You need to calm down!" "If you fail this mission with me guiding you, my rank is on the LINE! So shut up and do your damn job already!"

I reopened my eyes to a large crash followed by screaming, but it wasn't him. Slowly regaining my strength, I stood up, feeling sharp pains in my legs, not knowing what it was, I just ignored it, even though it was excruciating. I think to myself; what is that noise? I was somehow calm. though I was in a daze still, so I can't blame myself for acting "ignored" at the red flags of going to investigate, stumbling over to see if I could even believe what I heard.
I saw a figure, I looked higher to see how tall this thing...? was. Slowly coming back to my senses, I realized that It was not human as the violet skin was out of this world. He had intense pink tresses adorned with vibrant orange highlights, accompanied by captivatingly pristine white eyes, adorned with a tapestry of intriguing scars, accentuated by gracefully pointed elfin ears.

Now out of my daze, the excruciating pain finally came back to me, While it walked past me. I ducked under a half-wall. I thought I would not be seen, "Oh fuck, fuck fuck fuckity fuck" I cried in whispers, tears streaming down my cheeks. The crimson blood dripped down my legs from behind the half-wall I was hiding behind, I froze in fear when it stared right at me, "there's a girl!" the figure shouted. 

"Does she have black hair?" 

"Mhm! What am I supposed to do now?" 

"Go over what I told you to say so many times!" the woman announces over the phone while pacing. 

 "Oh yeah! Uhm—Tell me everything you know about this planet. If you don't, I'll kill this man!" 

"I don't give two shits about him, you can kill him..."

 I say, as confident as I can, on the inside, I was freaking out, I didn't know what they were, and if they could even be trusted. I wanted to cry. I hate this feeling, with all of my being, I thought I would be safe from this, I thought growing up would shut the sad, scared little kid inside me right up, but it didn't, I can still hear my cries. And parred with the pain in my legs, I couldn't take this anymore.

"WHAT!?!? AFTER ALL, I'VE DONE FOR YOU GODDAMNIT BITCH! YOUR MOTHER WAS RIGHT ABOUT YO-" * "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU DO THAT!?!?! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW?!? WE WERE SUPPOSED TO LEAVE EVERYTHING UNTOUCHED!?"

The person talking from the walkie-talkie sounded very stressed. The thing that had its eyes very clearly off of me was distracted, this was my chance,

Stay with them, they'll have to leave soon NO?! Are you insane? There's no way I will sit here scared and helpless waiting for help that will not arrive

Sneak away and call 911? I have a gun that I'm not supposed to have! I'm not trying to get arrested

Wait...I... don't have my gun shit....!

Loud knocking can be heard, "IT'S THE POLICE, COME OUT WITH YOUR HANDS UP. WE'VE GOT YOU SURROUNDED." 

"WHY ARE THEY YELLING?" 

"OH MY GOD SORA RUN RIGHT NOW." 

"BUT WHY??"

 "JUST RUN OH MY JESUS!!"

 "WHAT ABOUT THE HUMAN AND THE BODY?" 

"TAKE THEM AND GET THE HELL OUT."

"DON'T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT ASSHOLE! I'M SICK OF YOUR ATTITUDE, IT'S BEEN ALL DAY GODDAMNIT!"

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE WORKING FOR YEARS AND YEARS ON END TO GET TO THIS RANK JUST TO WATCH IT ALL ROT AWAY WITH YOU AND THIS MISSION"

As they were arguing, I tiptoed to the door just when I was inches away from being free. Something grabbed me and suddenly I was out on my roof.