The First Day Of Senior Year

As Keno got ready for the first day back, he was doubting he was going to make any friends during his last year in high school.

After his morning shower, he stared into the mirror for a few minutes trying to decide what he would wear today.

Eventually he ended up wearing a full suit because -Why not??-

He had called an Uber after breakfast and made his way to school early. Being student body president meant he had to stand out front of the school and welcome in all of the freshmen and new students transferring from other schools.

After everyone had gotten to their classes, Keno sat down in his assigned seat in class 5-C. Not the best in the building but not the worst either considering the teachers he could have had.

Out of a 7-5 grid, he was in the fourth row sixth seat.

Out of everyone in the class, it was odd to Keno that the seat to his right was completely empty.

Class went on for about 5 minutes before there was a knock at the classroom door.

The teacher, Mr.Shumaker, opened the door, and with a smile on his face, let a student in that Keno had not seen earlier when welcoming everybody in.

"Please introduce yourself to the class," Mr.Shumaker said lightly to the new student.

"Hello... I'm Nate... I am a senior this year... But even though I may be graduating this year I promise I will try to remember you all," He said with slight sarcasm.

Keno had been admiring this new boy. He had a soft looking face, slender figure, and a great sense of humor. From what keno could gather, he had a good fashion sense too, he was wearing a black and white "Beatles: Abbey Road" shirt and a black pair of jeans to go with it.

"Thank you Nate you may take a seat over by Keno. Keno, can you raise your hand so he knows where to sit?"

Without hesitation, Keno raised his hand, waiting to strike up a conversation when the time came. But the time didn't come soon enough.

 But the time didn't come soon enough