The fall

Frisk has lived in a small village with her mother since she remembered herself. She had no father, but her mom said that he's a hero.

They were, to put it mildly, not rich, because laundresses are not paid much. So they had to sell handmade wooden toys in the market, which looked either like fairytale characters, or like small swords, daggers and sabers. Frisk stopped going to work with mom since the summer she turned seven, because her mother's boss started to get mad at her. And in September she went to the nearest school. But she didn't stop going to the market. It was fun, and there were no restrictions. After all, they managed to make both ends meet.

But one day in the morning, Frisk's mom said that after her work they will go somewhere. The girl obediently waited for her to come, making it to clean the house a bit and to play with her friends.

So, at 5 pm they both are heading to the mount Ebbot, leaving the plush cat-dog in a striped shirt at home.

"Mom, why are we going there?" - ten year old Frisk asks.

"Just to have a walk." – answers the woman, smiling.

"You love that place, right? You look at it pretty often, and I thought you might like it."

"You are right, Fri. I like the mountain."

"Why didn't you bring me here before?"

"Well, I couldn't. Now it's the right time, I think."

They reached the bottom of the mountain. Frisk began running around, giving her mom flowers, tried to learn how to make flower crowns. But suddenly the girl ran towards the top.

"Just don't go too far away, my girl. It can be dangerous there."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Frisk, there is..." - the mom realized WHERE was her child going. – "My child, no! Stop! It's forbidden to go there!"

She ran after her daughter.

"Mom, what's up with you?" – Frisk turned around and started walking backwards.

"There's a cave, kid, get back here! Don't walk like that!"

"I don't see any caAAAAA...!!!!

"FRISK!"

Frisk fell into a deep cave, more precisely, into a hole. The last thing she saw was her mom jumping after her.