Of Fried Chickens, Tears and Feelings (TayNew)

"Half-half and two cans of cola are ready for delivery!" Gun calls.

Tay sighs as he walks to the counter, "Is this my last one?" Gun nods, "Okay, do I have to come back here or not?"

Gun shrugs, "I don't know, ask Off. You know that he's the boss here, not me."

Tay snorts, "But he's your husband," He rolls his eyes, "Alright I'll come back after this. I'll help clean up."

Tay grabs the bag and walks outside the store. Tay works at Off and Gun's restaurant called Baby Chicks. He has been helping the couple ever since they opened as he wants to repay the couple's kindness to him when they found him outside their restaurant without a shelter or a penny at hand.

Tay places the plastic bag inside the insulated bag to keep the chicken hot. He opens his map application on his phone to pin the buyer's address. Once it's settled, he wears his helmet and rides his motorcycle to go to the pinned location.

It takes Tay twenty minutes to arrive at an empty playground where he spots a young man, maybe around his age, who's probably the buyer named New Thitipoom Techaapaikhun. Also, the fact that there's nobody there but him, it's positive that he's the one who ordered the stuff he's bringing.

"Mr. Techaapaikhun?" Tay calls him. The man faces him, looking like he just cried. His eyes are swollen, "A-are you Mr. Techaapaikhun?"

New hums in reply, "You don't have to leave them here. Take them with you. I don't need them anymore." He sniffs.

"B-but I can't. These are your orders, sir." Tay explains, "I can't just take it from you."

New shakes his head, "No, they're yours already. Look, my date ditched me so I have no appetite to eat any of it. Take it. If you don't, just give them away or throw them."

Tay groans. He can't throw them away. Gun cooked them, his efforts will be wasted if they're just thrown away even though they're paid. Tay fishes his phone out of his pocket and dials Gun's number.

"Yo yo yo, Baby Chicks, how may I help you?" Gun says on the other line.

"Gun, it's me."

"Oh, Tay! What's up? Are you lost or something?"

"No, I'm here. I think I won't be able to come back anymore." Gun asks him why, "There's... ughhh... a situation. I'll explain later."

Gun sighs on the other line, "Okay okay. I'll tell Off. Better be worth explaining for."

Tay rolls his eyes as if Gun can see them, "I know, I know. I'll hang up now. Bye!"

Tay puts his phone back in his pocket and returns his attention to the sad guy in front of him. The man needs company, though. And he doesn't know what on earth urged him to. But anyways, he can't do anything about it anymore.

Tay gets the chicken and the two cola out of the plastic bag and places them on the table. He gets one of the cola to open it and offers it to New.

New's eyebrow arches, "What?"

"Take it," Tay demands, "I can't just throw these away and you need to eat man."

"And who are you to say that?" New's stomach grumbles which makes Tay chuckle, "Hmp." He sulks but he grabs the cola from Tay's hand.

"Come on, I ditched my boss to offer you company." Tay says while opening the second can of cola, "I know we're complete strangers but you can tell me everything, if you want to."

There is a deafening silence for a few minutes. Neither of the two talked. Tay just waits for New to talk or if not, at least he's here for company. He doesn't know why he gets affected by this man's sadness, he doesn't even know him.