1.

1964

Irene was at kindergarten, her mother couldn't take care of her, again.
Anyways, she was playing with Lisa, her friend.
Irene was to focused on dressing her doll like she wanted to, so she didn't saw someone approaching her.
"Hi, I'm Nick."
A brunette boy greeted her.
She looked him in the eyes and sticked her hand out to him.
"I'm Irene."

And that's how it started, the friendship of Irene Atkins and Nick Goode.

"Forever, freinds?" Irene asked.
"Forever." Nick answered.

If only they knew.

1970

It was middle school.
Irene was sitting in cafeteria alone, Nick started acting so weird since they started fourth grade.
In first three grades the two of them were sticked to eachother.

"Nick and Irene against the world."

That's what they used to say.

But now?
Nick has his own freinds. And well Irene has none.
Poor ten year old girl lost her best friend to some stupid pricks.
Well those were kids of really important people in town, and it was expected to him be freinds with them.
And who was Irene?
Absolutely no one.
Her mom works in hospital and her dad left them when she was 3. She had a older brother and younger sister. Zack and Josie. She loved them more than anything. But Zack is in High school and Josie is two. They can't sit with her in cafeteria.
She was list in her own thoughts, when she caught Nick's group of friends laughing and pointing at her. She rolled her eyes. And that seemed to piss them off. "Hey bitch! Why don't you sit with your friends? Oh yeah you don't have any!" And then her heart droped. Not because the whole cafeteria was laughing. Nick was laughing too.

He was laughing at her.

Irene looked down at her sandwich disappointed.
He was laughing at her. She repeated to herself. Nick Goode was laughing at her.
What about "together forever"?
She felt sick to my stomach.
How dare he?
Then they all strated throwing awful comments at her.
"Bitch!"
"Idiot!"
"Asshole!"

And then Nick shouted:
"Freak!"

And it was the day when Irene Atkins officially started hating Nick motherfucking Goode.