Rules!

Hi! Welcome to the Adoptables book!

Here, Shadow will post characters that could become yours!

There's a few shortenings that will be used in this book, so I'll explain them right now!

FCFS - "First Come First Serve", will likely be used with something else. Well, except for when it isn't. Then, the first person to ask for an adopt will get it. Better be quick!

NTA - "Name To Adopt", you have to name a character to adopt them. Likely will be first come first serve, or will have a deadline. Offer only around 1-7 names, as it's not likely that you'll be given an adopt if it's more. Explain the name with 1-3 sentences. No explanation isn't accepted, but more than 4 sentences is also not accepted.

BSTA - "Backstory To Adopt", you have to create a backstory for the character to adopt them. Also, sorry for the unfortunate shortening, it wasn't on purpose. Don't make it lacking, but also no book-type backstories. Stick to 1-3 paragraphs.

FTA - "Family To Adopt", you have to create/give a family to a character to adopt them. Don't make the family bigger than 2 generations in either side. No great-grandparents, no great-grandkids. Important ancestors are accepted, but limited to 3.

BTA - "Bio To Adopt", you have to create a bio for the character to adopt them. Backstory, gender, age, traits, fears, and the like. Don't make is 2 sentences long, or 5 paragraphs. It can't be vague and undetailed, but no writing out whole books either. Stick to telling exactly what you need to say, make it readable and understandable. There's a big, medium and small BTA, please add information according to what I ask.

VTA - "Vote To Adopt", will be quite rare, as Shadow wants the votes on their stories to mean something. But it could also be them asking you to vote on another person's book. Is likely to be first come first serve. Don't exceed the limit that Shadow states.

TTA - "Tag To Adopt", will be quite rare, as Shadow doesn't want to disturb anyone. Is likely to be first come first serve. Don't exceed the limit that Shadow states. The password is a random animal.

Small/Medium/Big OTA - "Offer To Adopt", you have to offer something for a character to adopt them. Likely won't be first come first serve, and will probably have a deadline. Please don't make the Offer the same as another person's, and don't start on it before Shadow tells you that you can. A small OTA isn't a shaded full-body of Shadows OC. A Medium OTA isn't tagging 15 people, but it's not two votes either. A big OTA isn't a couple of votes.

ATONAA - "Adopt Together Or Not At All", this means that you need to adopt all, and can't chose only one. This will be rare, and likely not for full batches. The adopts will still be assigned their own payments, and you have to finish both before getting them.

(x/y) - The 'x' marks how many adopts are open or pending. If it's the same number as 'y', then none of the characters were adopted. If 'x' is zero, no adopts are open. The 'y' marks how many adopts are in the batch.

Now, the Rules!

1. Don't steal. The characters here aren't yours unless Shadow tells you that you've successfully adopted one. Don't plagerize, copy or trace. The bases are made by Shadow unless they say otherwise. You do not have permission to use the bases.

2. Don't be rude. Don't say that you don't have a chance to get the adopt, and don't say that someone else doesn't have a chance to get the adopt. Don't try to manipulate anyone. It will not get you far.

3. Don't whine. If you don't get an Adopt, don't be angry. Or at least, don't attack anyone. Don't harass anyone. It's not good, and will not get you far. 4th Password: something you don't want to eat.

4. Don't ask for an entire batch. Shadow understands if you need the characters, but give others a chance. You can ask for up to 3 characters from one batch before your chances to get one start going down.

5. Use the Adopt. Don't just abandon it once it's yours. Whether for drawing practice, a roleplay, a fanfic or something else, use it. Shadow did not make the character only for them to be abandoned.

6. No drawing the Adopt before it's yours. Shadow doesn't accept drawings of the adopt as payment of any sort, and they don't want you to waste time drawing a character that isn't yours. If you want to draw something, then adopt a character and then use them for drawings. For payment, the only times when drawings can be used is in OTA's, and then it's only Shadow's OC's.

7. Don't make too small/big offers. If it's a small OTA, then Shadow won't accept a shaded full-body of their OC. If it's a NTA, Shadow likely won't give you the character if you have 10 ideas. If it's a big OTA, Shadow won't accept a few votes. There are limits. There is no second password. Just write down a random number from 175 to 320. You can also write down one or more '-' instead.

8. Credit Shadow whenever using an Adopt of theirs. Tag them when you use their adopt. You are not the one that created the character, and don't try to seem like it.

9. Don't try to find a loophole. You will likely be banned from adopting any characters here after you get a warning. The 3rd password is your username.

10. You may ask to adopt only if the status of the character is open or pending. If it's closed, than don't ask. If it's pending, then if your offer is better while not too much, you have a chance.

11. The adopt only becomes yours when you finish your offer. You'll have a deadline of two weeks, and it can be extended only by two days. The status of the adoptable becomes 'pending', which means that a different person may still ask for the adoptable.

12. Don't put the adoptable up for adoption. If you don't want it anymore, your problem. In some situations, you can message me and ask for me to take the adoptable back. You will loose any rights to it, and you will be listed as a previous owner. You cannot adopt a character for a second time.

13. Deadline for an adopt is usually a week after the first person asks for that character! If you complete your offer before that, then you get the adopt! (Once a person offers, the adopt status is 'pending', and a deadline appears next to it. If there's no deadline, it's less likely that you'll get the adopt. The person has two weeks to complete the payment, the first week the adopt is still mostly available unless they finish their payment.)Don't tag yourself - only give your username for the 3rd password.

14. Do complete your payment before two weeks. I'll remind you halfway through. Also, you need to tag me there or message me where the payment is. If you cannot complete payment in two weeks and need a few days more, do message me. I can extend the deadline up to 5 more days in dire situations (actual serious ones, for other non-serious reasons I can only extend it by 2 days). If you still don't complete the payment, the adopt is open to other people.

15. You have a week to offer for a color palette adopt before I allow others to offer for it. It's extendable but only sometimes. After 3 or 4 days pass I'll let you know, and also the day before I accept offers from other people.

16. An adopt ticket means that you can ask for an adopt for free. One ticket means one free adopt. A color palette ticket means that you can ask for a color palette adopt for free or a lowered price. Once again, one ticket means one adopt.

17. Don't change the adopt. Or at least, not by a lot. You can remove or add small details (ex. A bracelet) or add scars. Nothing more.

The Rules are likely to be updated, as Shadow may have forgotten something. Make sure that you read through the rules every once in a while! The passwords are likely to be changed with the rules!

Also, this book will likely only have cats. If you wanted unnatural cats, then those will probably be here.

Requests are open, so feel free to ask for a cat batch!

Check out Kestrel-Wing! I was kinda inspired by them to create this book!