8 months

1/24/2087

"How's 3mt's progress?" The scientist looked over to the short assistant following close behind him. "Very good sir! The engineers and scientists have faith that they will have it completed by 3pm, sir." She adjusts her glasses on her face as she looked at the clipboard full of skipped meeting and deadlines that had long passed or simply been ignored. "It also seems you are behind on your schedule..." she lowered her voice as she said the last bit. she knew her boss's reaction would be less than pleasant. "I'll get to it when I get to it, Ms. Aldine." You could feel the annoyance radiating off of him. He wasn't sure why he even applied for the opportunity to have an assistant. He hated being constantly reminded of his due dates for the work he had been putting off, and that's all she seemed to do. I guess it was her job after all. 

It's the age of technology, why was he even needed here? All he did was push a few buttons or give a small speech to the new employees who didn't quite realize what they had signed up for. The bosses annoyed remarks or his clear laziness by giving the work to the people under him or when he was alone with coworkers, he often flirted with them making them feel like they were the only people on the planet who had gotten his attention. When in reality they are just new and don't know his true intentions. His assistant, Cammy Aldin, often warns the new people so they don't have to go through his ridicules mind game. 

Someone came bursting out of a room looking overjoyed. "Sir! Comer here! We are putting the last few pieces on 3mt, and we would love for you to add the last one" It was the first time Cammy saw his eyes light up in a while. He seemed excited for what the future could bring with this new android they had been in the progress of making for over 3 months. The parts where extremely hard to find, or they were broken during transport to the laboratory. "Finally. something to show for my hard work and the money this took out of my pocket to make." Cammy stood in disbelieve, he didn't even raise a finger apart from when he went to yell at someone. "Yes sir, the amazing work you did." one of the scientists said looking over at his boss who had a huge grin on his face. Cammy knew he was self-centered and an overall trash bag if a human, but not this bad. 

"Now, where is this piece?" He looked over at one of the scientists who look petrified when making eye contact with him. "Right here, s-sir!" He stuttered, Cammy assumed it was out of fear since in all honesty the boss was much bigger and could probably throw them both out of the window at the same time if he pleased. The scientist handed over a small computer chip. "Where does it go?" The boss looked at the machine that stood lifeless in the center of the room. One of the scientists walked over the back of the android that had a small rectangle that the chip would perfectly fit in. It was almost like magic, as soon as they inserted the chip its bright blue eyes lit up. Its head slightly raised to get a closer look at the room and people. You could see its eyes focus on something. 'Archer Bently occupation: team leader.' it looked over to Cammy. 'Aldine Cammy occupation: assistant' It paused and looked at Cammy. "Cammy is a nice name Ms. Aldine." It sounded so human, it was terrifying. "Alright tin bucket." 3mt's attention was drawn towards Bently. "Your new name is Emmett, got that?" there was an awkward pause as Emmett seemed to process the name. "Yes sir."