two

"Talk to her Euijoo!" Kei said to Euijoo who was contemplating whether he should start talking with Chaeri or not. He was nervous, of course. But if he didn't make the first move then he might lose the chance someday.

Chaeri just finished talking with some people and started to walk away which made Euijoo immediately get up from his seat and unintentionally called her. "Chaeri!"

The called girl stopped and looked toward Euijoo with a confused look, but when she scanned him carefully and realised who he was, she gasped and then smiled widely. "Ej?"

Euijoo walked towards her while rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. He didn't mean to call her loudly but he was glad he did it. "Yeah.. How have you been? I missed you."

Nicholas could only smile and watched them from afar, while Kei squealed in happiness like a proud mother not realising the other was really sour. Nicholas wasn't sure what he was feeling since he just met her one night, and he was already interested in her.

Maybe a platonic interest? Or romantic interest?

He didn't know anymore. But he would figure it out.

"Missed you too, it's been a while." She patted Euijoo's shoulder with a sheepish smile.

Chaeri wondered what made them shy around each other. Back then they were classmates and just normal friends who helped each other but now they were suddenly being timid together. Was it because of how much they changed? Could be.

In which normal friends can turn into something more.

"Look! They both look so cute together, right?" Kei said to Nicholas who only nodded lightly as they both were analysing Euijoo and Chaeri.

Kei who seemed to notice the lack of response from his friend, peeked at his face with a concerned look. Kei was always the one who noticed his friends unusual behaviour first so they couldn't get away with it sometimes, but he never really inquire them to talk about it.

"You good Nicholas?" He pushed Nicholas's shoulder lightly to look at his face clearly and Nicholas immediately fixed his face with a smile to avoid suspicions.

Nicholas nodded his head with his brow raised, all smiley to show that he was really alright which made Kei believe him enough. Kei and Nicholas looked over at Euijoo and Chaeri again but they have finished talking and Euijoo was walking back toward them with a grin.

He was so happy that Nicholas felt bad. He wished he was paying more attention to Euijoo during high school. Now he had to bare the pain of hiding his emotions.

"Ayee what a good first move Euijoo!" Kei complimented. "Also, Ej? A nickname huh?" He teased the flustered male again.

"Ej is a good nickname." Nicholas finally spoke up. Although he was feeling a little jealous about it. "Should we go to our class? It's five minutes before class starts."

Euijoo looked down at his left wristwatch as his eyes widened to see the time. He thought he was too  immersed when he was talking with Chaeri.

Kei also took a peek at his phone and nodded in agreement. "Right, let's go. I'll guide to your class."

─────────────────────

author's note :

short chapter cause next chapter will be very long. and thank you for 55 reads guys !

vote, comment down your thoughts and follow me for updates <3 stay tune !