The king was a clown afterall

I was lonely in the ballroom full of people, strangers and friends alike. Dancing till my feet goes numb, being passed around from arm to arm. All the flashy smiles and charming lines sounds the same. I have seen and heard them a million times before.
I smile and nod out of habit but my eyes are glued to the throne in the front of the room.
The king stood there smiling and laughing along with his companions but kept searching the room as if he was looking for someone.  And when our gazes collided, deep breaths were taken by the both of us . After all it seems that I'm not the only one haunted by our past. The reason I'm so uninterested in my suitors stood in front of me, acting and pretending that nothing had occurred between us. All the kisses and late night adventures simply forgetten. The passion. The fire. And not to mention all the promises of love. Forbidden was the word most suitable for us. I simply am not qualified to be a Queen , or so they say. All of the kings successful plans were discussed with me in the bedroom. With me giving him pointers and suggestions which were foolproof , muttered as I kissed him. What we shared was so much more than a physical connection. He knows that he wouldn't find anyone better than me to be his partner.  He found love with me. I shared his intelligence and wit to rule the kingdom. But still he chooses to ignore all this, just because of the sole face that I'm not of a noble line. I'm someone's bastard child. Living in a society that wasn't meant for me, but here I am in a room full of nobles. Acting and mingling like I am one. Everyone knew and whispered behind my back. "The lucky one" "Filth" "impure" are names i am used to by now.  Is my heritage truly more important than my personality and skills?
Is he such a fool to behave and accomodate these stupid stereotypes than have a powerful queen by his side whom he Loved?  Looks like the king was a clown afterall.