whoopsies

srry if somethings ont make any sense i dont have a beta reader :((

School lunch was normal.

Saiki sat in an empty classroom on the bottom floor of the school, the light from the windows majorly covered from the blinds, but a small bit of light filtered in from the edges.

His lunch was on the desk in front of him, and the muffled sound of the lively students was just hardly there, but noticeable enough to make him feel like he was going crazy. Thoughts drained in from every corner of the room and small wrappers littered the floor from the previous classes. It felt like people were right next to him, chatting loudly and obnoxiously and pressing up next to him and jumping around and running into each other without a care in the world like they were living their last breaths--

He breathed out.

His utensils were stabbed into his food, and his hands were wandering elsewhere--to his chest--and he breathed in.

He could still breathe.

School lunch was nearing its end, and Saiki wished it would be over already.

--

Next to him sits Nendou and Kaidou while Teruhashi, Hairo, Yumehara, and Kuboyasu sit across. Their lunches lay abandoned in the middle of the group as they talk and yell and argue all around him. He hated it.

--

The bell rings, signalling the next period.

His class was on the third floor.

He quickly cleaned his area, picking up his tray and tossing it in the trashcan by the door as he walks out. Once the door opened, he was bombarded with rushed voices and aggressive students. He wanted to plug his ears.

The staircase was right down the hall, barely visible through the crowd of teenagers blocking the way. He would never make it through the day if he stood in one place the whole time, so he took his first step forward.

Almost immediately, students came dashing beside him, narrowly avoiding him as they raced down the hall, until one of them accidentally elbowed Saiki in the shoulder and knocked him back into the wall.

Suddenly, he couldn't see.

--

They ate on the rooftop--it was a routine now. Kaidou was to his left, with Kuboyasu to his and his back facing the railing. lunch time was almost over, and they began packing up.

Saiki stood up, offering a hand to Kaidou to help him up as well. When Kaidou accepted it and smiled the way he does whenever somebody helps him, Saiki smiled as well. He couldn't help it.

--

They stared down at him dauntingly--the staircase leading to the floors above him. He didn't want to go, but he had to. With the halls now almost completely empty, he could relax a bit. He didn't have to worry as much.

He didn't like the blues of the staircase, he had decided a while back.

He was at the staircase when it happened.

The first step was fine, and so was the second, third, and fourth, all the way until he reached the last.

--

Their little group began to head towards the stairs, Nendou picking his nose, Teruhashi gushing over Saiki and herself in her mind, Yumehara gushing over Kaidou in her mind, and so on. Pretty much the regular for them, he had thought.