Chapter 5 - Why Do You Hate Me?

[Correlates with Chapter 14 of Don't Fall For The Criminal. Book 1]

It's night time now and I pulled up to Mackenzies again. I have a plan. It might be dumb, but I'm going to do it. I'm going to climb into her window. The only reason I know which room is hers is because the last time I pulled up here, I saw her friends looking through that window. They weren't very discrete. I see everything.

I went to get out of the car, but then I saw her front door open so I stayed put. I watched as her parents walked over to one of the cars in the driveway. They both laughed and looked happy. I wonder what that's like. Happiness, parents who love each other. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

Once they pulled out of the driveway, I watched in my mirror as they drove down the street. This is my chance. Let's hope this tree is sturdy enough to climb up. I got out of the car and ran over to the house. I can't climb through the front one because I feel like someone could see me easily so thank god there's a window on the side, where the tree is.

I started to climb, carefully, but also trying to be fast. I don't want anyone to see me. I got to the window and saw her lights off. It's hard to see in there. Fuck it, I'll just climb in and hope she's in here and that she doesn't hit me. I opened the window slowly. I started to climb in then hit my foot and I feel right into the ground like a dumbass and made a thud sound.

"Fuck" I mumbled to myself.

"Dylan!" I heard her yell. I hope to god her brother isn't home. I heard her walking up the stairs so I hid behind her door. I'm going to scare the shit out of her. Lets hope she has some type of humor to at least laugh at it. Unless she hates me. I could change that. The door opened more and the lights turned on. As she shut the door, I quickly put my hands over her mouth. She started to freak out and I finally let out my laughter. I let go still laughing. She turned around with an angry look on her face. I laughed and just smirked down at her.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?" She asked me and I just shrugged. She then crossed her arms and it was kind of cute. "Leave me alone Jason." She said then tried to push me towards the window. I didn't budge so she gave up.

"Now why would I do that?" I asked still with a smirk.

"You need to leave" She said so I leaned against the wall. She's actually cute when she's mad. "Get out!" She raised her voice at me. My mood dropped quickly. So maybe she hate me now. I stood up straight, not leaning against the wall anymore. I'm mad now.

"Don't talk to me like that." I raised my voice back. I guess I shouldn't have tried. I shouldn't have kissed her.

"What do you want?" She asked me. I don't know whether to just leave or actually try. I want to know what changed. Maybe her friends, maybe she just realized I'm not some one who can be love able.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I decided to ask. I'm sure the answer is going to be because I'm Jason McCann. She just stared back at me not answering. "Answer me! What did I do?!" I yelled again.

"Nothing! You did nothing wrong Jason!" She answered me.

"Then why do you hate me now?!" I asked yelling again.

"I don't!" She yelled back. I stared back at her confused. She confuses me so much. "Jason I don't hate-" I cut her off by kissing her. To my surprise, she kissed me back again. I pulled away and just stared at her. I didn't even think about kissing her, I just did it. I surprised me.