For You!

Debattama's POV:

Huh! I had such a long and tiring day! life's been so busy for some months, but trust me I am loving every bit of it.
It's just 4 pm right now but I am soo exhausted that if I slept right after reaching home, I would directly wake up tomorrow morning.

I smiled as I realized that it was the most romantic day tomorrow. No, it was not Valentine's Day, it was Karva Chauth. Though the main idea behind celebrating the festival is to pray and wish for the well-being, prosperity, and longevity of husbands. I love it because I always felt it was a day of celebration. A day glorifying the beautiful bond between a husband and wife commemorating their love and togetherness.

But... my dear Patidev is out of town for the last 6 days. I guess his work must be over by now and I hope he returns tomorrow. But wait... why am I guessing and hoping when I can just call him.
"after all apna hi maal hai... jab chahe tab disturb kar sakti hu use"

I rang him as soon as I reached home and he picked up after several rings.

"Hello"

"Hiii Karan...?!" I cheered.

"hey, Hii babe. Kuch kaam tha?"

Teri yaad aa rahi hai!!!" i whined like a child
"btw just wanted to know tum kab aa rahe ho!"

"idk abhi aane ka koi chance nahi hai!"

"Chance nahi hai matlab?? Kal humara pehla karva chahuth hai karan!!?"

"Han i know, but sorry Mishty work commitments you know!"

"Aur mera fast? vo kaise todungi mai?"

"Umm... I'll just facetime you! K babe byee I'm busy rn!"

"Ok by...." He hung up even before I could complete it.

How could he do this? how can he not be here with me on our first Karva Chauth? Doesn't he care for his wife anymore? He didn't even talk to me properly. The thought of him not being with me tomorrow is enough to make my eyes teary.

"He might be busy!" I thought.

"With another girl maybe!" My conscience mocked.

"Yk what just shut up!!" I screamed at no one in particular. I marched off to my bedroom and changed into his hoodie. I'm upset because of him and only he can make me feel better rn. WEIRD I know!

Hmm, what should I do now? I brainstormed for some time then spent the next 1 hour applying Mehendi on both of my hands. I was quite satisfied with my work.

It was 8 pm already so I decided to call it a day and moved to my bedroom. as soon as I closed my room door my doorbell rang.

"It's Karan," my heart said but the door opened revealing the delivery man with my parcel, His gift to be more precise. I ordered a silver wristband to gift him on karva chahuth... but he won't be here tomorrow. Fresh tears welled up in my eyes. I locked the door and headed straight into my room. I lay on the bed for some time sobbing and eventually dozed off to sleep.

Karanvir's POV:

I hate myself soo much for doing all this to my wife. I felt in her voice how disappointed she was when I told her I won't be there with her tomorrow. but what's a surprise without a little bit of teasing?!

I finally reached our home. It is very difficult to walk with 3 bags in my hands. Yeah, you got it right. I got gifts, dresses, and lots of food for her to eat in the morning. I also have got pizza for her. The thing she loves more than me is pizza.
I know you people hate me for lying to mishty but tell me where you find a husband who brings pizza at 4 am for his wife to eat. Come on we all know who gets the best husband of the year award.