Summer

"Are we there yet, we've been here forever!" Amelia whined. "It's been 5 hours!"

     "Calm down! We're almost there A" Eleanor scolded her. Just then Eleanor's phone started ringing. Lady Gaga's Rain on Me on repeat. Eleanor picked up her phone. "Mama? Did you need something?"

     "Are you there yet? I'm so proud of you for finally getting up and doing something this summer! Dare I say you might make some friends?" Their mother exclaimed. 

     "Oh mama that's very rude. What about Oscar Winner Olivia Coleman? Or Amelia? Or even Sailor?" 

     "Your pet, your sister, and her cat don't count. You know what your therapist said-" Eleanor started speaking in broken sentences, then hung up. She sighed as Amelia laughed from the backseat. 

     After an hour, they finally get to the tennis camp. They load everything into their room for the time being. After packing, they laid on their beds exhausted.

     "Why'd we have to go all the way to palm beach Ella?"

     "Just...just because okay? There's supposed to be really good kids here." 

     "All...right"

     The next day, they get ready and start tennis practice. After a few hours Amelia needed a break. She sat down on a bench and started reading. Song of Achilles  vividly running through her mind. Eleanor sat down next to her panting.  She pulled out her earplugs.

      "I'm so tired!" Eleanor whined "when is this over?"

     ""One more week Ella, that's it" Amelia went back to her book, but she couldn't focus anymore. The sun was burning her alive. She groaned and got back up to get a drink of water and get back to tennis. Staff member Drea Torres was dominating the court, and Amelia thought she would give her a try. They went back and forth woof a bit, until Amelia got a stroke of luck and won. 

     The following day, Eleanor and Amelia get ready for the day. They were in the restroom when Erica Norman and her friend came in talking about Drea's sex tape, and how she showed everyone at the camp. She turned to the two and eyed them.

     "Excuse me, but are you two listening to our conversation?" The twins shook their heads, toothpaste dripping from their mouths. "Sorry I'm just getting like, a really weird vibe from you guys" Ericas friend repeated her. Erica turned back to her friend and went back to her conversation. 

     "It was Erica Norman? The one who showed everyone the video?" Eleanor told Drea, with Amelia trailing behind her.

     "Thanks? But I don't want your pity. And aren't you the one who beat me yesterday? Cool shit"  Drea said dryly, pointing to Amelia. She nodded and walked away.

     Next thing you know, Erica Norman is screaming about how she doesn't do drugs. Eleanor looked over to Amelia. She cocked her head towards Drea Crazy she mouthed. Amelia stifled a laugh. The rest of the week, every was talking about Erica Norman.

    The camp ended, and Eleanor disappeared for half an hour, and came back with a spark plug in her hand. Amelia didn't really think much of it. They loaded all their stuff into Eleanor's car. A few feet away from them, Drea's car was sputtering and wasn't turning on. Drea was cursing to herself.

     "Hey, I know that sound, you're bricked. Do you want a ride? Or do you still want me pity." In moments, Drea was sitting front seat in Eleanor's car. Amelia was complaining most of the was back.

     "Why did we have to take your car? I could be driven myself perfectly fine." She huffed.

     "You drove your car into mom and dads mailbox. And besides, they're bringing it over to our house in a few days. Just borrow my car for whatever you need." Eleanor shot. Amelia groaned and went on her phone. Soon she fell asleep with Sailor on her lap. In an hour, she woke up to Drea screaming. 

     "What the fuck! You just scared the shit out of me!" Amelia yelled as Sailor shot out of her lap and onto Eleanor's. Eleanor pet the cat, and looked back

     "Chill A" She turned back around "I'm thinking you might need a grilled cheese"

     "I'm down for a grilled cheese" Drea mumbled

     "Let's get you that grilled cheese"

     Amelia stayed in the car with Sailor while Drea and Eleanor went inside. She texted Eleanor her order.

{730}

This chapter was really rushed bc the summer scenes were really short😐 Anyways, lmk what you think! This story is going to be a slow burn maybe? I'm not sure. Wait and find out🤭❤️