New Life

On December 26,1999 Katherine Amelia Cortez was born at 12:57am in the eyes of the hospital. They thought the mother was capable of keeping her young children, but the hospital was wrong. The couple of days in the hospital  with this newborn and new mother was the only time sadly this child was happy and laughing. It was time to go home. Let's say everything was terrible, Katherine wasn't eating well, everyday was really hard  for her to stay,but she wanted to live no matter what.
A few days after this new mother left her baby outside of an adoption shelter this was the best choice for both the child and the mother. About two hours later someone came to the door and a person picked up the child with a note hanging off the bassinet " Please take her. I can't do this" the lady let out a soft cry with a tear. This child was safe in the harsh world for now, Katherine grew up in the adoption shelter until she was about 3. Her life during that time of life was actually fine. She was happy and thought she was safe for a long time. Katherine had friends and was in school, even though she wasn't smartest, it was okay.
When Katherine finally turned 4 it was time for her to find a permanent home for her with a loving family who wanted her. Katherine went to foster home to foster home, but nobody wanted her. At that moment Katherine believed she was too different to have a family, so she started to lose her spark until she was told she finally found a family who wanted her. Katherine was more than happy, finally a home she can call her own, a family she knows who will love her forever, the things she wanted for the longest time.